About the future direction of the game

Otac

Well-known endo
I think if a space game wants to survive for a long time, it should reduce the threshold of price to the threshold of computer performance. I think it's a good choice to have a slightly lower price and an irregular update of the paid cool machine armour coating, which will not affect the game balance but also bring good benefits to the development team. The lower price is to attract more players to try the game after they see the price. And it's very important to reduce the threshold of computer performance. If the quality of the game is very good, even no one can reach it, but only 1080ti can run smoothly, then there will not be many players in the game, and too few players will make the game lose vitality, and the development team will also fall into difficulties. So I think the development team can price by region and optimize the game performance. In this way, the promotion of the game is not a problem!

SubtleSloth

Well-known endo
I think if a space game wants to survive for a long time, it should reduce the threshold of price to the threshold of computer performance. I think it's a good choice to have a slightly lower price and an irregular update of the paid cool machine armour coating, which will not affect the game balance but also bring good benefits to the development team. The lower price is to attract more players to try the game after they see the price. And it's very important to reduce the threshold of computer performance. If the quality of the game is very good, even no one can reach it, but only 1080ti can run smoothly, then there will not be many players in the game, and too few players will make the game lose vitality, and the development team will also fall into difficulties. So I think the development team can price by region and optimize the game performance. In this way, the promotion of the game is not a problem!
There is a developer interview stating that the specs required for the game are based on the machines they are using to develop the game in house. They are shooting on the high end to make sure they aren’t promising anything they can’t do. The specs are subject to drastic changes as the development process continues and will most likely be lowered toward the final release date when the game is optimized.

Otac

Well-known endo
There is a developer interview stating that the specs required for the game are based on the machines they are using to develop the game in house. They are shooting on the high end to make sure they aren’t promising anything they can’t do. The specs are subject to drastic changes as the development process continues and will most likely be lowered toward the final release date when the game is optimized.
anyway i feel like i trust them very much.do u guys feel that?

SubtleSloth

Well-known endo
anyway i feel like i trust them very much.do u guys feel that?
I trust them more than a lot of other developers. These guys have had multiple successful games in the past and they are SUPER active in the community. They’ve been working on the game for over 5 years so far, I’d say they are committed.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
First:
A game can't just reduce it's performace on low-end machines just because you want it to. It doesn't work like that especially in a physics-heavy game like Starbase. There's a certain maximum threshold beyond which optimization is impossible.

Second:
40$ is not a lot to ask for a game from a studio that has already released multiple titles and earned it's fans trust. It's not even the AAA retail price, which I would be completely willing to pay for it. I neither want or expect a price drop.

Third:
The game industry is growing, more high-end games are being made. Minimum game requirements are jumping forward all the time. Sorry, your Rx580 just won't do.

Otac

Well-known endo
First:
A game can't just reduce it's performace on low-end machines just because you want it to. It doesn't work like that especially in a physics-heavy game like Starbase. There's a certain maximum threshold beyond which optimization is impossible.

Second:
40$ is not a lot to ask for a game from a studio that has already released multiple titles and earned it's fans trust. It's not even the AAA retail price, which I would be completely willing to pay for it. I neither want or expect a price drop.

Third:
The game industry is growing, more high-end games are being made. Minimum game requirements are jumping forward all the time. Sorry, your Rx580 just won't do.
People's consumption concepts are different. Not everyone is willing to try a $ 40 sandbox survival game. Most players in China buy genuine games from GTAV. Accepting a $ 40 sandbox survival game is not easy. So I said I hope the official pricing method is to lower the game threshold through regional pricing. This is also the practice of many game manufacturers. The regional pricing of GTA5 and PUBG has made them a great success. Every player wants this game to be more powerful. I don't think there are players. Quantity is the premise, everything is empty words. The optimization of the game cannot be maintained at least 1060. I believe many people are still using 1050 or 1050ti, so these issues really deserve discussion and effort.

SubtleSloth

Well-known endo
People's consumption concepts are different. Not everyone is willing to try a $ 40 sandbox survival game. Most players in China buy genuine games from GTAV. Accepting a $ 40 sandbox survival game is not easy. So I said I hope the official pricing method is to lower the game threshold through regional pricing. This is also the practice of many game manufacturers. The regional pricing of GTA5 and PUBG has made them a great success. Every player wants this game to be more powerful. I don't think there are players. Quantity is the premise, everything is empty words. The optimization of the game cannot be maintained at least 1060. I believe many people are still using 1050 or 1050ti, so these issues really deserve discussion and effort.
The game isn’t meant to cater to the people with PC’s who can’t run it. That’s like the developers saying hey guys, let’s stop making really pretty or really decent games so that these people who have PC’s that can’t quite run them perfectly can run them. Technology is advancing, just because you aren't, or refuse to, doesn’t mean that the gaming world isn’t. Frozenbyte as well as any other company that decides to make a game is going to optimize the game with all of their effort before it comes out. Like I said before, they have been working on the game for 5 years...do you really think they want to send us a potato of a game that is completely unplayable? Hell no! These guys are dedicated and they want to see their baby grow into something beautiful. I guarantee you that if we make a poll on these forums, 80% or more of the people will vote to bay $40 OR MORE to play this game. I would pay at least that. The game upon EA release is already going to be more optimized and will have more features than a lot of big games. The fact that they are even attempting to make this game exist gives me confidence that they are going to succeed.

If you don’t think this game has backing, look at the forums and discord. Look at the developer's past successes. Also, the price isn’t set in stone, that is a number that was thrown out there. This game is shaping up to be one that will last decades. Once people realize what the game actually is, the population will grow.

Otac

Well-known endo
The game isn’t meant to cater to the people with PC’s who can’t run it. That’s like the developers saying hey guys, let’s stop making really pretty or really decent games so that these people who have PC’s that can’t quite run them perfectly can run them. Technology is advancing, just because you aren't, or refuse to, doesn’t mean that the gaming world isn’t. Frozenbyte as well as any other company that decides to make a game is going to optimize the game with all of their effort before it comes out. Like I said before, they have been working on the game for 5 years...do you really think they want to send us a potato of a game that is completely unplayable? Hell no! These guys are dedicated and they want to see their baby grow into something beautiful. I guarantee you that if we make a poll on these forums, 80% or more of the people will vote to bay $40 OR MORE to play this game. I would pay at least that. The game upon EA release is already going to be more optimized and will have more features than a lot of big games. The fact that they are even attempting to make this game exist gives me confidence that they are going to succeed.

If you don’t think this game has backing, look at the forums and discord. Look at the developer's past successes. Also, the price isn’t set in stone, that is a number that was thrown out there. This game is shaping up to be one that will last decades. Once people realize what the game actually is, the population will grow.
yeah i agree lot of your Option. but like i said i can accept that price but that not mean other country people can accept that.and FB has dicied to region pricing, that's a good news.i like this game and promoteing it in China , but i have to Looking at this problem from the perspective of Chinese gamers.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
The optimization of the game cannot be maintained at least 1060..
Sorry but you're not the one to decide this. No matter the optimization level, there's a threshold beyond which you can't optimise.

It's not scaring off customers, it's called time to upgrade your rig or you'd have to stop playing mainstream titles. Sorry.

Otac

Well-known endo
Sorry but you're not the one to decide this. No matter the optimization level, there's a threshold beyond which you can't optimise.

It's not scaring off customers, it's called time to upgrade your rig or you'd have to stop playing mainstream titles. Sorry.
yeah that's ture we can't stop them