Allow ships to auto-transport over long distances.

Learned-to-sprint endo
Please allow ships to be transported between ports without player control, like Elite Dangerous.
Moving large numbers of ships from port to port is not fun gameplay.

Also, with the current UI, it is impossible to see which ports ships are docked at, making it impossible to manage the fleet if there are too many ports to use.

La_fleur_

Well-known endo
There are a lot of things missing in this game and it's not there. The game is at the testing stage and at the freezing stage. Someday it will appear in the game, as well as many other things. Let's believe and be greedy

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
I'm guessing you are asking for it to fly without you aboard, correct? The only problem with this is who will host the ship?

If it is just a question of having an auto-pilot, well there are players who have built this in the game already. I used to have a problem of getting bored flying to the gate, going AFK, coming back having overshot, fly back, repeat. Now I have a ship with an autopilot that takes me to the gate and stops when it gets there by itself. But I still have to be aboard to host the ship.

Also, with the current UI, it is impossible to see which ports ships are docked
This is indeed a pain in the ass and I would also love a bit more info, at least on the ships tab if not on the spawn screen.

Learned-to-sprint endo
I'm guessing you are asking for it to fly without you aboard, correct? The only problem with this is who will host the ship?
In Elite Dangerous, you can pay to have a ship "teleport" from port to port.
The greater the distance, the higher the fee and the longer it takes.

It is not an actual physical flight.

I would like to see this feature in Starbase as well.

pavvvel

Veteran endo
In Elite Dangerous the ship simply teleports. But for Starbase this does not work. It will be PVP abus and resource abus (you'll be able to create a "ship" that you simply take apart into resources with the tool after teleportation).

This should NOT be allowed to appear in Starbase.

Learned-to-sprint endo
In Elite Dangerous the ship simply teleports. But for Starbase this does not work. It will be PVP abus and resource abus (you'll be able to create a "ship" that you simply take apart into resources with the tool after teleportation).

This should NOT be allowed to appear in Starbase.
Manually dismantling a ship is hard work.
I would not think of teleporting several hundred stacks of resources.
Wouldn't teleporting a few resources be acceptable?

Couldn't we deter it by making the cost more expensive or setting requirements such as thrust-to-weight ratio?

Last edited:

pavvvel

Veteran endo
Manually dismantling a ship is hard work.
I would not think of teleporting several hundred stacks of resources.
Wouldn't teleporting a few resources be acceptable?

Couldn't we deter it by making the cost more expensive or setting requirements such as thrust-to-weight ratio?
can.
1) the transported ship should not teleport, but fly on its own. this is necessary so that the players have the opportunity to intercept such a ship (to blow up, kidnap or just draw nasty things on the ship).
1.1) the FB server should host the ship
1.2) this ship should not "disappear" under any circumstances - players should not have an exploit in the form of "combat logging" (for example, if the player cancels the delivery of the ship).
1.3) There must be an Endo-NPC in the pilot's seat with special coloring so that in case of an attack the attacking player can see that the ship is controlled by an NPC.
1.4) The transponder of the transported ship must have the owner's nickname written in it, so that the attacking player can "scalp" the transponder with the player's nickname to his collection.
2) cargo crates of the transported ship should be empty
3) the parts of the ship must have a penalty for reprocessing into resources with the tool

First. You cant just "Allow" that. We play a game where ships fly using levers, buttons, yolol, FCU/MFC. there no coordinates available to read from nowhere everywhere, the ISAN is made by players same as navigation system. the concept of the game is such that you can't just make you ship doing something from nothing.

Second. To make them fly you have to host it. Self hosting is breaking basic game architecture of some kind "Peer-to-peer".
Third. UI yes it is bad but they said that it will be fixed, expanded later.