Are robots good?

TheMarksman

Veteran endo
Btw... I think some of you need the read the lore that is allready on the wiki.
It basicly says, that humans uploaded their beeing onto a network and controll the world throught their robots.
All humans are basicly dead but live on throught the network.
There's no such lore. Heck, the only lore we have are that a) Empire took over Republic(Long story. It's a scrapped dev fac) and b) Kingdom allegedly an Empire convoy, triggering their war.

There's no such lore. Heck, the only lore we have are that a) Empire took over Republic(Long story. It's a scrapped dev fac) and b) Kingdom allegedly an Empire convoy, triggering their war.
I quote: "
Every being in the galaxy controls a robotic endoskeleton.
The advancement of technology and space exploration have greatly benefited from the use of the extremely durable endoskeletons as the mechanical bodies of endoskeletons are in many ways more advanced than organic bodies. The development of insurance system, that allows the controlling of a new endoskeleton in the case of destruction of the robotic body, has also been a significant factor in the advancement of the societies in space.

Endoskeletons are commonly referred to as "robots".
"
Says it here on the Wiki: https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Endoskeleton

TheMarksman

Veteran endo
I quote: "
Every being in the galaxy controls a robotic endoskeleton.
The advancement of technology and space exploration have greatly benefited from the use of the extremely durable endoskeletons as the mechanical bodies of endoskeletons are in many ways more advanced than organic bodies. The development of insurance system, that allows the controlling of a new endoskeleton in the case of destruction of the robotic body, has also been a significant factor in the advancement of the societies in space.

Endoskeletons are commonly referred to as "robots".
"
Says it here on the Wiki: https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Endoskeleton
Well, ya, but what made you think humans were the one who made these tech?
Side note, the wiki hasn't exactly been edited, so.

Well, ya, but what made you think humans were the one who made these tech?
Only thing i can say to that:
Why would you make robots when you can be a beeing that is basicly everywhere?
Becourse even as data flying in a system your mental state can worsen. So its making robots that resemble your old body is the easyest solution to that.
So eiter Humans made the robots or a species that looks very alike to humans.

Only thing i can say to that:
Why would you make robots when you can be a beeing that is basicly everywhere?
Becourse even as data flying in a system your mental state can worsen. So its making robots that resemble your old body is the easyest solution to that.
So eiter Humans made the robots or a species that looks very alike to humans.

I know this is sort of an aside, but many scientists who think on such things are fairly confident we're most likely to find another species that looks similarish to us if we ever meet a species of intelligence and technology akin to our own.

Btw... I think some of you need the read the lore that is allready on the wiki.
It basicly says, that humans uploaded their beeing onto a network and controll the world throught their robots.
All humans are basicly dead but live on throught the network.
Similar at film Transcendence with Jhonny Depp

A robot selected as a character is well correct.
In terms of the perception of a game where the gameplay requires a combat component, crumbling iron cans is better than human models.
When the game gets its development, can offer to add more characters, but first you need to see the work of the game in its finished form.

Leftharted

Learned-to-sprint endo
I love the robots... especially that it serves as an explanation for 'respawning' after death...

Personally, I like survival mechanics, but I can see how power/oil (or, air/food/rest etc. if organic) would detract from the theme of the game; building spaceships. It's not 'fun' to babysit a bar that is constantly depleting with no benefit other than "now your allowed to continue doing what you were already doing without death" .

Now, if there was some sort of gain, that isnt game breaking? For example, different endo "frames" that must be crafted and maintained? Like, a frame with a faster jetpack, but now you have a propellant tank in your abdomen, so you need to keep it filled, and explode upon death? Or, a interceptor frame, with a further "magnetic feet" threshold, but requires you to maintain power/energy? Or even like Community Manager Ella suggested, a frame with more arms! Although, I'm not sure mechanically how that would function/control; but maybe it's simply some cosmetic flavor, and that frame has a larger inventory, and can carry additional weapons Etc.?

Of course, on top of maintaining some suit resource, they'd be much more expensive to lose, too.

To sum it up, I'd like to babysit a survival mechanic if it gave some sort of benefit for doing so.. and then the 'basic' resource free endo would be for when you're starting out, died and ran out of money, want to peacefully design a ship, or just chill/chat with friends, without having to babysit a hunger/power meter.

All that said, if the game hypothetically doesn't do as well as I hope it will; and gets reduced to privately hosted servers etc., then id hope that some sort of organic NPC common enemy is introduced to keep the smaller playerbase busy. Or even if it does do well (as it should!) then introduce a similar ideal well after EA, and all other planned features have been implemented.

Just my 2c. ;)