Are there going to be more devices?

five

Master endo
This is a question for the dev team: Are you guys going to add more devices to the game like antennas or solar panels or cameras?

most of the community is strongly against the inclusion of cameras.
I would be careful about using the word 'most' here. It's true that there is a very vocal portion of the community that is vehemently against cameras, but I am far from convinced that they are the majority, nor am I convinced that their arguments are any good. Also, the devs don't blindly listen to the community either, and may make their own decisions.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
Solar panels are planned, I'm not sure what you mean by antennae (there are radio transmitters and receivers ingame), and cameras are a seriously decisive topic, but they probably won't be added.

Also, fun game
- Go to starbase discord
- Mention camera
- Watch the wildfire

five

Master endo
Solar panels are planned, I'm not sure what you mean by antennae (there are radio transmitters and receivers ingame), and cameras are a seriously decisive topic, but they probably won't be added.

Also, fun game
- Go to starbase discord
- Mention camera
- Watch the wildfire
By antenna I mean some kind of a remote control and or data transfer device. My idea was to have like kind of a satellite u place somewhere (That's why I asked about solar panels). With the antenna you could then maybe readout like: Ok at time stamp x the ships y, z and t passed the satellite (You would get the information by having a radio receiver constantly scanning for messages or having Range finders but that would make the satellite obvious).

And thx for the funny game idea. Maybe gonna try it out some time

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
I would be careful about using the word 'most' here. It's true that there is a very vocal portion of the community that is vehemently against cameras, but I am far from convinced that they are the majority, nor am I convinced that their arguments are any good. Also, the devs don't blindly listen to the community either, and may make their own decisions.
I'll stand by my use of most. However, I see your point, and I do agree that the developers make their own decisions, it should always be like that. However on the argument side of things... eh let's not get into the details of that in this thread. I feel that the arguments are very reasonable, and prove the point very quickly.

Let's agree to partially disagree.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
By antenna I mean some kind of a remote control and or data transfer device. My idea was to have like kind of a satellite u place somewhere (That's why I asked about solar panels). With the antenna you could then maybe readout like: Ok at time stamp x the ships y, z and t passed the satellite (You would get the information by having a radio receiver constantly scanning for messages or having Range finders but that would make the satellite obvious).

And thx for the funny game idea. Maybe gonna try it out some time
I think you could already do something like that, so long as you have a couple receivers and ships that are transmitting a message on the frequency of the transmitter. Of course, if they're the enemy, I doubt they'd be transmitting anything, so this antennae thingy would only work for ships whose captains you can talk to and set this up with.