Ban policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.D.

Veteran endo
I’m making this thread not to discuss any ones ban. Just the policy itself in general. Now, I have not been banned. I’m still in game. I haven’t done anything to cause any raised eyebrows.. there’s a lot of banning going on. It’s pretty funny actually. I really like how Frozenbyte has been so aggressive about it. Good stuff…. But, I have feelings on the other side too. Just plain ignorance on my part. I read people were banned for exploiting the sells of a bunch of weapons and items that were not in game.. I wanted to talk about something like this to express how some people might not know exactly what the exploits are. Once again, before anyone has a smart ass comment, I have not done anything except sit in ssc for the quite a while now. I’m not banned, just another average player. But reading these stories got me worried. Because to be honest, I really don’t know what would be an exploit vs, what would not be. I could be like, ooo I found something to make me some money having not the slightest clue it was an exploit. Then I appeal and plead ignorance. Then the devs are like “yea bullshit, they all say that” I love the banning. But, I’m just worried is all. And I hope some people were not banned because they did something they didn’t know was wrong. I’m not defending, or attacking anyone. I also don’t know anyone who have been banned. None of my friends are banned, before anyone says something smart ass.. Just a thought I’ve been having lately. Can anyone elaborate on how someone knows if something is an exploit vs not? Is everyone expected to know all the patch notes, and expected to know exactly what’s in game, at all times? Once again, not defending anyone. I like the cheaters gone, the ones who purposely do it.

Last edited:

Agonarch

Active endo
We're not supposed to talk about specific moderation actions here, but generally speaking of the dozen or so banned players I know of directly (from the ship sales community) they all deserved it (hacking game files) and some of them then went on to lie about it, which is probably the source of your concerns.

According to a Dev post on discord the auction house exploit related stuff ran to hundreds of billions of credits, not some minor thing that a person could reasonably miss, then.

To be clear, I'm not a Dev or even affiliated with FB beyond having paid for a bunch of their games, I'd suggest you hit up Dusty on discord if you're still concerned. Hope that's useful!

J.D.

Veteran endo
We're not supposed to talk about specific moderation actions here, but generally speaking of the dozen or so banned players I know of directly (from the ship sales community) they all deserved it (hacking game files) and some of them then went on to lie about it, which is probably the source of your concerns.

According to a Dev post on discord the auction house exploit related stuff ran to hundreds of billions of credits, not some minor thing that a person could reasonably miss, then.

To be clear, I'm not a Dev or even affiliated with FB beyond having paid for a bunch of their games, I'd suggest you hit up Dusty on discord if you're still concerned. Hope that's useful!
Yes, it is. Thank you.

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
We don't comment certain bans or even ban policies, but this warrants some clarifications. Also discussing personal or "for friend" bans is forbidden since it's just obvious mob tactic the cheaters use every so often.

Nobody has been banned for simply finding unavailable stuff and putting them to AH. It's forbidden, and we issue a warning from such actions, but it's not bannable when done without prior/better knowledge (second time after a warning or clearly understanding the actions however is bannable). We understand that this certain action is so called "ban griefing" where the actual cheater's goal is to get people fooled by leaving bannable items to be found and to put to markets in hoping that we would ban them.

What we have seen countless times is that a cheater gets banned for super outrageous hacks/cheating, and instead of accepting that they got caught they start spreading lies about how they did nothing or how they got banned for saying Hi to a moderator. They are cheaters, they also lie, and nobody should believe their sad stories how their puppy died and evil Frozenbyte banned them since that.

Status
Not open for further replies.