Boltcrackers 6 - Ship Modifications

CalenLoki

Master endo
What's missile/torp top speed? 150 as other objects or higher?

I like how easy mover derailing is, just by sliding off of the end. And how well locking with beams works. Exactly as I planned for my carrier/cargo.

But the question is: how easy is it to re-attach movers? Do you need to be milimeter-precise, or will it snap into place from 12cm?

Atreties

Veteran endo
While I'm glad the triple-cargobeam carrier design works, I doubt highly that the power requirement for 3 separate beams constantly running for each fighter ship will be low enough to make it actually viable in practice.

Having some sort of passive locking mechanism/component, possibly with some magnetic attraction between the "lock" mounting point and "key" piece on the docking object - could be a fighter ship, or cargo, or anything you want to attach and detach from a ship without bolting or welding, and without the power drain of cargo beams.

kevinTOC

Active endo
What's missile/torp top speed? 150 as other objects or higher?
I honestly hope torpedoes/rockets are at least faster than ships. If they move at the same speed as a fighter going top speed, it will not leave the fighter. If anything, it'd go backwards to the pilot.

Leftharted

Learned-to-sprint endo
But the question is: how easy is it to re-attach movers? Do you need to be milimeter-precise, or will it snap into place from 12cm?
Good question, I'm curious as well. To add to that, I recall in one of the rail videos, the rails had a real sexy radius and even formed a circle; unlike most other games that are mostly linear only movement. But, can they also curve Up? Im imagining setting the mines up in a cargo bay, and the rail system leads them all the way out and off into space.

Then maybe even scoop up the leftover parts of a minefield with a giant mouth/ cargo lock area; like your space whale idea in your ship thread. ;)

CalenLoki

Master endo
Good question, I'm curious as well. To add to that, I recall in one of the rail videos, the rails had a real sexy radius and even formed a circle; unlike most other games that are mostly linear only movement. But, can they also curve Up? Im imagining setting the mines up in a cargo bay, and the rail system leads them all the way out and off into space.

Then maybe even scoop up the leftover parts of a minefield with a giant mouth/ cargo lock area; like your space whale idea in your ship thread. ;)

There appeared some answers to re-attaching rails on discord. Apparently atm you need to manually pick up and snap movers to rail. Very inconvenient, but let's hope they'll fix it.

And yes, movers can travel on any side of curved rails. Up, down, left, right.