Can a rocket inherit the speed of a spaceship?

Can a rocket inherit the speed of a 150m/s spaceship?

If not, isn't it too strange?

If so, does that mean that we can use rockets to accelerate rockets to get higher speed?

I think they will inherit the speed of the platform they launched from. But the speed limit for rockets/missiles/torpedoes is probably much higher than 150m/s due to their small mass so you won't need to worry about exceeding it under normal conditions.

I think they will inherit the speed of the platform they launched from. But the speed limit for rockets/missiles/torpedoes is probably much higher than 150m/s due to their small mass so you won't need to worry about exceeding it under normal conditions.
It would be great if that were the case, and I really hope that could be done so that we can do a multistage rocket launch.

Interesting, if the rocket doesn't have a speed limit or alteast higher than 150 m/s and can be bolted to anything can't we just bolt a bunch of warheadless rockets to a fighter and activate them when you needed a boost?

Interesting, if the rocket doesn't have a speed limit or alteast higher than 150 m/s and can be bolted to anything can't we just bolt a bunch of warheadless rockets to a fighter and activate them when you needed a boost?
The fighter itself still has its speed limit not changed (and may possibly be lower due to the mass added by those rockets) so I don't think it would work.

XenoCow

Master endo
I think it will be fun to try out firing a rocket pod full of rockets bolted to the launcher to see if you can go faster than the limit, or at least hit it. Seems like a mystery for the Bolt Crackers.

TheMarksman

Veteran endo
Can a rocket inherit the speed of a 150m/s spaceship?

If not, isn't it too strange?

If so, does that mean that we can use rockets to accelerate rockets to get higher speed?
If you're talking about the handheld rocket launcher, yes, they do inherit the player's velocity.
If you're talking about missiles and torpedoes, yes, they do temporarily inherit the speed of the ship before drag pushes them back down to their soft coded speed.

If you're talking about the handheld rocket launcher, yes, they do inherit the player's velocity.
If you're talking about missiles and torpedoes, yes, they do temporarily inherit the speed of the ship before drag pushes them back down to their soft coded speed.
Can the intermittent change of the auxiliary thrust of the extra rocket maintain a relatively long period of time, and the speed of adding resistance to the system can not keep up with the speed of thrust change?