Can I make a ship that deploys a smaller ship (or tank?)

I was wondering if you could make a drop pod ship that quickly approached a station or planet and deployed a smaller, slower, heavily armored attack vehicle?

Gknees

Well-known endo
I was wondering if you could make a drop pod ship that quickly approached a station or planet and deployed a smaller, slower, heavily armored attack vehicle?
I think if you put some effort in this u will able to make a drop ship. I think you need to have a ship with a hangar and attachment beams on both ships. You just put the ships together and simply bolt them. I think you can just turn the thrust on if you want to quickly detach ships from each other

five

Master endo
Though you cannot build tanks a drop pod ship would be relatively ez to built. You just need your drop pod and a carrier vessel with Cargo beams. If you want to learn more about Cargo beams look on the FrozenByte YT Channel. They have video about methods of cargo transport. Another think to mention is that there is frag and no gravity in space. So you would have to have the drop pod be selfprpelled. Atleast for a short time, as well stopping power or you Programm it so that it Shops the thrusters at a certain distance from target, so that it stops by drag

BadNation

Well-known endo
As long as you aren't moving when you release the second smaller ship then you will have no problem, perhaps you could even have the cargo beams on the outside of the ship you might be able to release it while moving then but I don't believe this has been tested

CalenLoki

Master endo
It has been. Even well before CA started.
As long as you have nothing behind the released object (i.e. external mount or open rear gate), you can do it at any speed (while flying straight).

It might be quite hard to do with larger stuff, but I think ships the size of the Vasama could be stored quite easily in a dedicated transport.