CONCEPT Wanderer

five

Master endo
Concept is simple a self-sufficient ship with everything on board to never have to go to a station again (in case there will be something like a refinery for fuel for ships which i dont think will happen [in this case it will have parasite craft doing this task: getting fuel]). It would just travel, an endless journey to wherever it takes you. I just find the idea really nice of being stranded in space and all of a sudden you get picked up by whats basically a gaint mess of parts like the sandcrawler. The ship would have no real purpose othen than maybe carrying cargo or long range transport of endos, but thats kinda obsolete with the implemention of warp gates.

Ars

Endokid
Well, this ship is useful for traveling long distances and building warp gates in deep space.

My only concern is self-sufficient ships will decrease the importance of stations and infrastructure. It would make it pointless to do so because you could simply have a mobile base. I don't believe that is the direction the Dev's are planning to take the game.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
Self-sufficient ships would be large and expensive, you would have to construct a ship with not only a way to create it's own propellant and even entire fuel rods, but also have it so that it can effectively find the resources it requires without running out of power and fuel beforehand. If it becomes possible to manufacture fuel rods and propellant on a ship, I can see it becoming an interesting new gameplay element, but it would be entirely unviable to actually run outside of clans and groups.

I also think I need to add that a self-sufficient is currently impossible, as I don't believe there is a way to acquire propellant or fuel rods outside of stations. You'd have to attack other ships, stealing the rods and propellant from them.

five

Master endo
My only concern is self-sufficient ships will decrease the importance of stations and infrastructure. It would make it pointless to do so because you could simply have a mobile base. I don't believe that is the direction the Dev's are planning to take the game.
With the concept I had in mind the ship would be self sufficient as in big enough that everything needed is fitted in and everything "unnecessary" would be dropped. To have a "mobile base" you would have to have much more than that which would increase size and maintenance cost, which could with the right balancing be inefficient and unattractive. Another point: If there is ever going to be a major scale conflict between to factions like to factions each with around 10.000 members, then there will be mobile bases and carriers just because you need those to work effectively.
Self-sufficient ships would be large and expensive, you would have to construct a ship with not only a way to create it's own propellant and even entire fuel rods, but also have it so that it can effectively find the resources it requires without running out of power and fuel beforehand. If it becomes possible to manufacture fuel rods and propellant on a ship, I can see it becoming an interesting new gameplay element, but it would be entirely unviable to actually run outside of clans and groups.

I also think I need to add that a self-sufficient is currently impossible, as I don't believe there is a way to acquire propellant or fuel rods outside of stations. You'd have to attack other ships, stealing the rods and propellant from them.
I actually only thought of this as a group project, like a second account you have, where you only play on this ship. A space adventure with friends. and yes I think that this will be impossible since it will not be implemented into the game but I really like to romantize with the thought. You would be on an adventure with friends going around eos near the belt so you have your resources and just explore maybe see a moon and prepare for travelling there and stuff like that.