Content for researchers of the universe

La_fleur_

Well-known endo
Many roles are implemented in the game. The role of the breadwinner, the role of the programmer, the role of the warrior, the role of the merchant, the role of the engineer. All these roles can be combined and it's cool, but where is the role of the Researcher in the game. I want to fly around the universe and across the Moons to search for unique ores, equipment elements, weapons elements, to explore the world around me. Hey guys, this is the universe and it is waiting for its researchers. How about creating a history of this world and finding the creator of it by notes that are scattered throughout the universe. Who breathed life into the machines? There are so many philosophical contexts here, and even the destruction of 3 walls in front of the player and the game universe.

Tomasz

Well-known endo
We already have an answer to Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. It is 42.
Now you can sit comfortably in your armchair, sip tea, and relax.No researching needed.

Starbase is in early access still. I think that a lot more layers and depth will be added to already existing game mechanics. Just think about the opcoming Moon Stations (and mining) and Capital Ships. The latter will require alloys made from a potentially endless amount of combinations of different Ores.
Also, once Moons are finished, you will actually BE able to fly around and explore all of them as you wish.
You simply have to be patient here and give Frozenbyte the time needed to flesh this game out.

Vexus

Master endo

You might just not be a researcher if you can't find things to research. This is research. There's so much unknown and so much possible with YOLOL code. Even this video's findings opens up whole new avenues of research.

Sounds like what you really want is lore. The game is wide open. Create your own.

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
Many roles are implemented in the game. The role of the breadwinner, the role of the programmer, the role of the warrior, the role of the merchant, the role of the engineer. All these roles can be combined and it's cool, but where is the role of the Researcher in the game. I want to fly around the universe and across the Moons to search for unique ores, equipment elements, weapons elements, to explore the world around me. Hey guys, this is the universe and it is waiting for its researchers. How about creating a history of this world and finding the creator of it by notes that are scattered throughout the universe. Who breathed life into the machines? There are so many philosophical contexts here, and even the destruction of 3 walls in front of the player and the game universe.
Agreed, i have theorys on the lore, i think the endos conscious are a species itself, that can memorize blueprints and such (aka the squiggle in the ship designer) and they enslaved life in space to build them endos to interact with the world, then killed all life to extiction. I cant see them as remotely controlled, because then they wouldnt be shaped so humanoid like, they would be like drones with tools.

CalenLoki

Master endo
There's ton of research in game. People spent countless hours understanding how armour, durability, asteroid distribution, gravity, explosions, turrets and thrusters work, just to name a few.

You're asking to be a space Indiana Johns (who was a grave robber), not a researcher.

Venombrew

Master endo
they are hoping to start implementing some planetary bodies early 2022, roadmap says they will begin at end for q4 of this year but it most be likely spring of 22. what the planets will consist of outside ore? no idea!