controversial release guessing thread

WolfiAUT

Active endo
Hello there!

Since noone here can't wait for the EA release - what are you guesses on when it will be playable in EA and why?

Are you going to throw your money at Frozenbyte the day Starbase hits EA or are you going to wait? (I'd already throw money at them if I could.)

Let the discussions and arguments begin!

TheMarksman

Veteran endo
We've already been informed and know that EA will come after CA is confirmed to be less bug plagued. Currently, there's 106 tasks left to complete(subject to change) before CA can be released.

WolfiAUT

Active endo
We've already been informed and know that EA will come after CA is confirmed to be less bug plagued. Currently, there's 106 tasks left to complete(subject to change) before CA can be released.
Great, but ever heard of guessing a date rather than throwing around facts that don't answer the asked question?

TheMarksman

Veteran endo
Great, but ever heard of guessing a date rather than throwing around facts that don't answer the asked question?
Well yes, but the problem is that we can't reliably guess the date for EA due to not knowing how long CA would run.
The best guess for CA is 16th March onwards.

Vexus

Master endo
I don't think Frozenbyte likes the idea of sitting on a title for a long time without releasing it like so many other companies. I don't think they want Starbase to get wrapped into the same frame as Star Citizen for example; always waiting to be released and never finished.

So my guess is May/June 2020. This gives them a year of everyone waiting, which is a long time, and a few months for closed alpha to work out a bunch of bug issues.

Croomar

Learned-to-sprint endo
I believe since they already started measuring interest in an Alpha Version with their last survey, we'll have a limitedly playable Starbase in the second Quarter, although LauriFB stated that the list of open tasks they want to get done before alpha is growing instead rather than shrinking. I'd agree that FB want to put their game out there though, and that leads me to believe they'll start the Alpha sooner and use that list of open tasks to decide when the closed phase of the alpha ends and the open one begins.
My current guess is an announcement for Alpha at the very end of March with a closed Alpha launch mid April to early May. An EA release date can only depend on how the alpha phase is going, but will probably not start before Q3 2020.

WolfiAUT

Active endo
I believe since they already started measuring interest in an Alpha Version with their last survey, we'll have a limitedly playable Starbase in the second Quarter, although LauriFB stated that the list of open tasks they want to get done before alpha is growing instead rather than shrinking. I'd agree that FB want to put their game out there though, and that leads me to believe they'll start the Alpha sooner and use that list of open tasks to decide when the closed phase of the alpha ends and the open one begins.
My current guess is an announcement for Alpha at the very end of March with a closed Alpha launch mid April to early May. An EA release date can only depend on how the alpha phase is going, but will probably not start before Q3 2020.
It sounds so hecking far away the way you describe it... but you might be closer than I'd like to admit.

CalenLoki

Master endo
I'm amongst optimists, always believing it'll be released within a month.

And I believe in it since October...