Dear Frozen, When the Time comes for Cosmetics do us one favor?

Venombrew

Master endo
I personally like cosmetic transactions, i am really hoping you guys do some cool cyberpunk ones. But do us gamers and fans one big favor? For the love of god take time and consideration in these designs. So many games today have cosmetics but majority of them are crappy, just done very quickly and thrown out to make a buck leaving characters looking goofy and generic in an amazing online world. I mean its just solid color re-rendered guns or a overlay tiger stripe print. That stuff is so boring! Solid 1 tone color guns and the plain old digital and tiger prints are so out dated. I personally and i know many others have no problem spending a little bit of real cash to look so much more unique but ultimately COOL. If your a league of legend fan, then you know we players throw fist fulls of cash out for a bad ass looking skin on a champion we don't play everyday. Looking good in an mmo means a lot whether people want to believe it or not as well as unique.

I would rather you guys do like 15-20 really cool skins of armor and guns over a long period of time than stick us with a bunch of generic ones that we only have because the default ones got old looking. So do us that one solid and not stick us with shitty ingame unlock cosmetics or the same old generic transaction cosmetics! BREAK THE CYCLE FROZEN!

Venombrew

Master endo
Well that also depends Tumbla, i would be comfortable with spending 20 bucks on a full armor set with matching guns. For twenty bucks i get the full body armor, sniper, assault, pistol and shotgun skins would be prett worth it, specially if they were badass looking. Or 20 bucks got you an entire cyberpunk space station setup from landing pads to street signs, that be pretty sweet too.

Vexus

Master endo
I personally am not a fan of cosmetics that break the theme of the game. Like I know cat ears made it into one of the videos but unless that turned into some lore story arc it wouldn't feel right as a 'hat'. Goofy themed skins usually become popular due to being absurd and take away the feel of the game. Other than that, I think they can design some impressive things over time and really make the game shine for the players who invest more money into it.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
It would be cool if there can be some sort of system to earn and or buy them. Earning is painful boring grinds and you can buy them if you like to support the devs and not have to grind for them.

That being said cosmetics are not happening anytime from what I recalled Lauri saying. He said this was more of a what if scenario then a what is going to happen scenario. Sounds like their hoping to go more NMS approach overtime.

But if some reason sales do diminish and the devs need to eat or we lose content then I do home they come out with cosmetics.

Tumbla

Well-known endo
Well that also depends Tumbla, i would be comfortable with spending 20 bucks on a full armor set with matching guns. For twenty bucks i get the full body armor, sniper, assault, pistol and shotgun skins would be prett worth it, specially if they were badass looking. Or 20 bucks got you an entire cyberpunk space station setup from landing pads to street signs, that be pretty sweet too.
yeh, that would be nice. Aslong as its not 20 bucks for a character color theme reskin or 10 dollars for a mustache like in Albion Online lol.

Venombrew

Master endo
if they do cosmetics, i just want them to do them right and not cheap us on it. And like Vexus said i totally agree with not breaking the theme. I want to see space themes, even if you want to be funny about it and you make Barf and Lone Star from Space Balls, keep them with the theme.

Morrgard

Master endo
I do agree with this. It would be nice if you had, for instance, a weapon skin for the assault rifle, and it was completely different looking but still the same gun & ammunition.

Same for cosmetics that go for armor/bodyparts. These being the more important, making more and more different ones rather than "skins" so to speak, although it wouldn't not be awful if they added a few of said skins I would say, but much rather unique new parts than skins still.

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
I agree with your points here :)

Our main tech around coloring system is kind of patterns which can have any color they wish. However our cosmetics most likely involve a lot more than that, like possibility for inscription and/or serial number, leaving a truly unique mark on some items. I think it's also worth consideration to alter the model itself when doing a cosmetic change.

We will certainly keep all cosmetics suitable and matching for the game world.

If we introduce paid cosmetics they will be fair priced and not aimed to suck every penny out of all "whales" there are. So, definitely going to break the cycle! :cool:

Morrgard

Master endo
I agree with your points here :)

Our main tech around coloring system is kind of patterns which can have any color they wish. However our cosmetics most likely involve a lot more than that, like possibility for inscription and/or serial number, leaving a truly unique mark on some items. I think it's also worth consideration to alter the model itself when doing a cosmetic change.

We will certainly keep all cosmetics suitable and matching for the game world.

If we introduce paid cosmetics they will be fair priced and not aimed to suck every penny out of all "whales" there are. So, definitely going to break the cycle! :cool:
Sounds amazing! Thank you for the insight on cosmetics Lauri.

Glad to hear you aim to break the cycle and allowing lots of coloring. Really liking the sound of inscriptions and serial numbers too :O

CalenLoki

Master endo
What do you thing of cosmetics being physical items in the world. Something you can loose when you die, sell, buy or steal from dead enemies.
But also buy with real monies if you want to support devs. Or earn by participating in special game events (winning an tournament, achieving big success in dev faction wars, being voted by player, ect).
Of course, as single use items they should be much cheaper than permanent cosmetics. And should be sold cheaply in large bundles (2
I.e. 20x triangular head)

Morrgard

Master endo
What do you thing of cosmetics being physical items in the world. Something you can loose when you die, sell, buy or steal from dead enemies.
But also buy with real monies if you want to support devs. Or earn by participating in special game events (winning an tournament, achieving big success in dev faction wars, being voted by player, ect).
Of course, as single use items they should be much cheaper than permanent cosmetics. And should be sold cheaply in large bundles (2
I.e. 20x triangular head)
I'm not a fan of this idea, not really anything in that appeals to me and seems unnecessary given players something to worry about. Dont want any pressure on something like a skin/cosmetic community market coming about either,

Metal

Active endo
They could even add custom pictures or text blocks you could place on your armor for your faction (some people are going to do some derp stuff so maybe you have to draw it in, and have some censoring on the text or something)