Do headshots matter?

StarStoks

Active endo
Starbase is many things, including a 3rd/1st person shooter. The destruction system compliments this genre well, allowing for us to shoot off different limbs, including the head… and if I remember correctly even loosing your head won’t kill you. So what happens when someone has been headshotted? Does their screen just go black? If I shoot off every limb will they die? Or is it an absolute that I need to shoot someone in the chest to kill them?

StarStoks

Active endo
These damage numbers are all referring to materials and armor but I don't think this includes Endoskeletons. At the moment can Endo's wear armor?

Dommy

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Endo "armour" is, and will probably remain, purely cosmetic.
That would suck imo. If endo armour simply added an armour value to the end part it is on, based on the material it is made out of, that would be great, I think.
And if that armour would affect the movement speed or acceleration of the endo, again, based on the material which the armour is made out of, that would add to the combat gameplay loop, since different materials (especially in the future with e.g. heat resistance) have different properties and are good for certain things. This would add so much to combat, as you'd have to consider which material to choose, so as to have an advantage for a specific situation.

StarStoks

Active endo
That would suck imo. If endo armour simply added an armour value to the end part it is on, based on the material it is made out of, that would be great, I think.
And if that armour would affect the movement speed or acceleration of the endo, again, based on the material which the armour is made out of, that would add to the combat gameplay loop, since different materials (especially in the future with e.g. heat resistance) have different properties and are good for certain things. This would add so much to combat, as you'd have to consider which material to choose, so as to have an advantage for a specific situation.
Definitely feel like it wouldn deepen what they already have. And would love to see it. Also if limbs getting shot off end up mattering, carrying armor that can prevent you from loosing a leg would really make you think on the prep phase more, much like on outfitting and building your ship now.

Could be a really addicting loop

I believe they mentioned in one of their videos that custom armor could be made by bolting plates directly to the endo. It would be interesting to see how that works.

dusty

Live endoskeletons are one of the few things you can't bolt to; and, as I recall, there aren't any plans to make it doable. As for the nature of armor: it is indeed entirely cosmetic, and doesn't actually affect anything apart from the aesthetic - even hitboxes remain the same.

StarStoks

Active endo
Live endoskeletons are one of the few things you can't bolt to; and, as I recall, there aren't any plans to make it doable. As for the nature of armor: it is indeed entirely cosmetic, and doesn't actually affect anything apart from the aesthetic - even hitboxes remain the same.

Okay yeah I was thinking if it wasn't in, this would be the case.

Picking up plates and using them as shields will be a feature though, so if that's the case it's better than nothing lol