Elaborating on the roadmap.

Recently saw the poll, i like the questions the devs are asking. I just wanted to elaborate on the roadmap I think it's fine and I don't have any issues with what is being added. But I want this game to have alot of players I myself am hardcore I'll waste hours traveling I won't do it happily but i'll do it, but I do know for a fact that for most people convincing them to drift through space for hours isn't gonna cut it. And neither is mining asteroids.

I've seen dev posts detailing that they think automation and the kinds of crafting you'll be doing on capitals and stations will solve this and for some players it will, but for others more will need to be done. Personally I feel as if almost every aspect of the game going forward and existing should be designed with cutting down time in mind. With designing ships being the exception to this as I think the difficulty involved is healthy for the games life cycle and economy.

Other than that I just think this game needs to become much more casual friendly in many many many ways. I don't want certain hardcore aspects to be compromised but this game needs to respect players time I just can't say it enough, I love the concepts in this game but it needs to stay realistic and aware that some people may only want to play for an hour and feel like they've gotten something meaningful done.

Also maybe a fix for lag on very large ships, or just to know it's being worked on!

Edit: Just wanted to add i'm aware of the various changes like warp travel and what's on the road map the point of this post is that I think even with what is on the road map it still won't be enough in relation to how much of a time sink Starbase can be/How much time a player has to spend to find content.

Last edited:

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Most if not all of our upcoming features revolve around a few key goals:
  • To add meaningful content
  • To add meaningful, fun interactions between players
  • To reduce time spent to reach said interactions
Capital ships unlocks reasonable access to the remaining moons, while moon mining and other mechanics are added to bring moons to life.

Stations will get a fair amount of reasons to exist, like capital ship docks allowing capital ship to park next to asteroids, passive ore collection, trading and repairs, and so forth. Large station chains will allow companies to control even larger space with taxation rights.

While civilian capital ships can only park to docks or to anywhere outside the belt, both options include very short flight time to asteroids in certain locations. Player-created trade hubs most likely will attract people with great parking facilities, which will reduce time spent to reach interactions or nearby (low taxed) asteroid field.

Large sieges or sieges made public will be known by everyone beforehand, which allows outsiders to join the action. Since starting time is exact and known, everyone once again can join the action when it starts, with little down time.

AFK mechanics will be replaced with factory mechanics, like crafting can be done with 3D printers in the future. Multiple printers also speed up the crafting even more. Printers can also be just first step of a very elaborate manufacturing line.

Ship field repair will include automatic pipe/cable fixing in the future, and repair halls can repair ship back to exact certain blueprint state. Players will be able to save their field modifications to the repair blueprint. Insurance mechanics will cover losses partially.

Trade will be boosted with ship trade support and coordinates trade will increase exploration.

Oddly enough I don't think i've ever stopped to think about how moon mining will change the dynamic. I always just assumed we'd still need to spend large amounts of time mining in the belt and that the moon would be more about obtaining some rare resources not a source of resources in general.

Glad to see time reduction is a prio, it' something I worry about for not for me enjoying the game personally but just making sure there's a healthy player base, I want my friends to get into the game would be the more selfish reason. Also the automatic pipe and cable repairing is a dream come true.

Last edited:

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Moon mining will indeed be interesting, as everything on the moon turns into resources. The regular moon surface is usually valkite, and then there's veins all around. Especially large base/infrastructure projects should be easier to do due to the abundance of valkite (and in some cases other ores too).

Moon mining will indeed be interesting, as everything on the moon turns into resources. The regular moon surface is usually valkite, and then there's veins all around. Especially large base/infrastructure projects should be easier to do due to the abundance of valkite (and in some cases other ores too).
Will the support height for the lunar foundations be increased? To be honest, 40 meters look pathetic against the backdrop of the skyscrapers of the lunar city. In addition, due to the fact that the reference point for the foundation is always located on the ground, it is almost impossible to use these 40 meters to the full. So, for example, if one block of the foundation is higher than the neighboring one, it will no longer be possible to build a correct cube with a height of 40 meters.

Asking just for fun: If I wanted to do that, I could actually strip the whole moon of its surface and sell it for some sizable profit to the origin stations?
It would be a herculian task for sure, but I could imagine a large company actually taking on it which would be hilarious.
"Oh no, unfortunately, this moon's surface is sold out. Try another Moon instead!"