Empire vs Kingdom, which site to chose?

MrFaul

Well-known endo
First kudos to the devs for selecting those as their faction names because:
An empire is a collection of kingdoms/realms with an overreaching authority.
The fact that @LauriFB is the CEO and @JoelFB is the vice could very well be described as emperor and king.
I don't know if this was a underlying thought or not but I just find it amusing.

So back to the question why chose a site?
I really haven't found any resources regarding that.
Are there differences or boils it down to what color your personally favor?

Jasperagus

Well-known endo
I chose a site because since the factions are led by devs it would be pretty easy to get in a fight or something cool.

I'm in Kingdom and there aren't nearly as many people that are in Empire. I joined kingdom because it had less people.

So far I would vote Empire because I have had constant support from those in Empire talking me threw the game and it works (y)

If you are looking for a friendly group join empire.
(this is my opinion and I am not dumping on Kingdom)

Verbatos

Veteran endo
Bro I'm neutral but if you wanna join a big faction I'd suggest kingdom, they just have cooler ships, 'nuff said.

From what I've seen, Empire has a much more organised structure atm. They've been designing a lot of new stuff and are probably the more influential of the two.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
Just go with Neutral. Kingdom is more or less dead, and Empire's goal is to be the fun police, more or less. Unless you enjoy being the fun police.

BadNation

Well-known endo
Honestly... Neither really, there are player made factions that are much more powerful but as of now I would say that Empire is stronger than Kingdom

Kibbles

Active endo
From what I've gathered, Kingdom seems a lot more like a friendly community and Empire seems like more of a well structures, heavy roleplay kind of faction. I'd say that the main benefit of being in either faction is that you get their allocated Stations and can guarantee that the owner of either faction won't just randomly disappear.

But in my opinion, third party factions and companies are more interesting as they have custom structures and can be irrational (adds to the fun of the game ;P). Don't forget also that as empire and kingdom have more members, it may be harder to get recognised comparted to other factions made by players.

Dommy

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
But in my opinion, third party factions and companies are more interesting as they have custom structures...
Not sure what is meant by this, but both Empire and Kingdom have players in power in them, and the structures of both factions are efficient and/or unique IMO.
Don't forget also that as empire and kingdom have more members, it may be harder to get recognised comparted to other factions made by players.
Not necessarily true, if you're active and willing to do things, then you're very easily recognisable in both factions.
Haven't seen anything about necroposting so this should be legal.

five

Master endo
I will have my own faction. But if I had to choose between one or the other I would go with Empire. I like their political system: a meritocracy. I like their choice of colours and generally i find the optic of their ships more attractive to the eye. I like their political system so much in fact, that I will implement it into my own faction.