Forum signatures (images) are broken

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
I cannot for the life of me understand how to make a signature work here.
I have even attempted to replicate a few other users signatures- but each time it either becomes a hyperlink or.. this embedded site info thing:
T1ULf0o[1].png

I tried the same BBCode with a handful of other hosting sites- all of them became hyperlinks whilst imgur became [MEDIA] as above

And yes- I have read https://forum.starbasegame.com/help/bb-codes/
Thanks.

Morrgard

Master endo
I have even attempted to replicate a few other users signatures- but each time it either becomes a hyperlink or.. this embedded site info thing: View attachment 170
I tried the same BBCode with a handful of other hosting sites- all of them became hyperlinks whilst imgur became [MEDIA] as above

Thanks.
I believe you are using the wrong link from IMGUR, there are several ones one of which produces what you are seeing on that image. Try using the different links they offer for sharing.

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
I believe you are using the wrong link from IMGUR, there are several ones one of which produces what you are seeing on that image. Try using the different links they offer for sharing.
I tried (all four of) the share codes provided by imgur (despite knowing that things like Reddit markdown and HTML embed wont work).

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Since you did not post the actual signature I can't use a good example for it but I will use the above image.

Code:
[img]https://forum.starbasegame.com/attachments/t1ulf0o-1-png.170[/img]

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
Since you did not post the actual signature I can't use a good example for it but I will use the above image.

Code:
[img]https://forum.starbasegame.com/attachments/t1ulf0o-1-png.170[/img]

Yeah, I know how to post images (hence how I provided the image before).

Feel free to send me your own signature code and I'll show you what happens- as your signature was the first one I tested after my own- as I initially thought it may have been a size restriction.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo

Feel free to send me your own signature code and I'll show you what happens- as your signature was the first one I tested after my own- as I initially thought it may have been a size restriction.
Great it looks like someone touched something they did not know what they were doing and broke it... Looks like now I can't attach any raw images without auto embedding kicking in....

Might be able to do it if you use a site that's not auto embedded...

Second I modified mine it turned into the stupid [media] tags... Now I can't use mine lol

Morrgard

Master endo

Would you send me the proper image you would like for you're signature and Il try to fix it for you?

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
Would you send me the proper image you would like for you're signature and Il try to fix it for you?
Unless you managed to undo it- it looks fine to me.

Nevermind, I confused your old signature for the text you had.

Sure, I was just sizing up/testing my signature template:

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
Looks like your signature is broken now too aha.
I'm glad that we've at least established that I'm not simply forgetting my years of MyBB use.

I suppose we can just wait for a Developer to see this thread now.
Cheers guys.

Morrgard

Master endo
Looks like your signature is broken now too aha.
I'm glad that we've at least established that I'm not simply forgetting my years of MyBB use.

I suppose we can just wait for a Developer to see this thread now.
Cheers guys.
Tried up until this point, came as far as to find out that the silly embed from Imgur is called "Embed Unit" and I was looking for a way to disable that to try and solve it but was unsuccessful in finding any information on Imgur about it other than "Hi look at our new feature"

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Tried up until this point, came as far as to find out that the silly embed from Imgur is called "Embed Unit" and I was looking for a way to disable that to try and solve it but was unsuccessful in finding any information on Imgur about it other than "Hi look at our new feature"
Nah they broke something via the control panel on this site... Embedding only works where before images hotlinked worked just fine...

This is a feature / setting someone touched.

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation
I have even attempted to replicate a few other users signatures- but each time it either becomes a hyperlink or.. this embedded site info thing: View attachment 170

Thanks.
Oh thats unusual, it seems other signatures have also broken.

EllaFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
This is actually our doing as we are looking into ways to limit the signatures, sorry for this. At the moment it is not possible to add pictures or GIFs to signatures, but we'll see if there'd be some options just to limit these in size. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you (and the bad communication from my side, left in a bit of a hurry yesterday, heading to forum changelog as we speak).

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
This is actually our doing as we are looking into ways to limit the signatures, sorry for this. At the moment it is not possible to add pictures or GIFs to signatures, but we'll see if there'd be some options just to limit these in size. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you (and the bad communication from my side, left in a bit of a hurry yesterday, heading to forum changelog as we speak).
No problem- I thought I was the 'odd one out' in terms of getting it working, but I was simply unfortunate enough to use the system when the changes occurred.
I'm glad to hear action is being taken to restrict the rediculous usage we've seen over the past few days (y)

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
It's all good. I assume you had good intentions. Xenforo is always a fun product to play around with. Sadly. 2.0 is not as mature as the 1.* Series and somethings as you might be noticing now are a bit annoying to deal with.

Wish you the best of luck :)

EllaFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
Xenforo is always a fun product to play around with. Sadly. 2.0 is not as mature as the 1.* Series and somethings as you might be noticing now are a bit annoying to deal with.
I feel like this platform is missing all the settings I'd like to insert so I'm just trying to find different workarounds to things I'd like to implement. But maybe we'll get along soon.

Kimsemus

Well-known endo
Hey! Since you used my signature I'll just copy the complete codeblock I used:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/FK3tquD.gif[/IMG]
[COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)]THE TERRIBLE DENIZENS OF[/COLOR] [COLOR=rgb(97, 189, 109)]S[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]O[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(247, 218, 100)]M[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(250, 197, 28)]E[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(26, 188, 156)]T[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)]H[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(251, 160, 38)]I[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(243, 121, 52)]N[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(84, 172, 210)]G[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(61, 142, 185)]A[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(235, 107, 86)]W[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(209, 72, 65)]F[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)]U[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]L[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)].[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]C[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(147, 101, 184)]O[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(85, 57, 130)]M[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]TERRIBLE[/COLOR] [COLOR=rgb(209, 213, 216)]GOON[/COLOR] [COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]DISCORD:[/COLOR] [URL]https://discord.gg/uHyyaM8[/URL]

Hope that helps some. I just used a .gif link from imgur and used the direct link img tag function.

edit: Oh nevermind, looks like FB is messing with the functions atm.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
I feel like this platform is missing all the settings I'd like to insert so I'm just trying to find different workarounds to things I'd like to implement. But maybe we'll get along soon.
I wish you luck. I have not checked 2.0 myself but the thing Xenforo does well or at least did well was their template system. Just start digging through it and you should be able to snip template items out without too much damage. The nice part is you can easily revert / change and it's easy to merge / update in the future.

DO NOT do Raw edits to the php files you will not enjoy updating the forums in the future haha.

I had a good bit of experience myself running Terraria Online back in the day and Empyrion Online and a few other sites. Xenforo is a great product just needs more time to age for 2.0.

Morrgard

Master endo
Wish you luck Ella! :)

Take the time you need to get an optimal solution, signatures are nothing that you need to rush.