Half the people on this forum right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrgard

Master endo
I would argue that keeping the forum's as clean as possible with no spamming and "shitposting" would be ideal.

Wicca

Well-known endo
I would argue that keeping the forum's as clean as possible with no spamming and "shitposting" would be ideal.
It's only natural for there to be some elevated activity now in the first few days. Most likely a Hype train will follow normal Community standards with more activity around release dates/hypes etc.

This activity will slowly calm down and the general post quality will increase, I am sure of it. But you gotta let people make the land first, you know explore the forum, push the envelope, see where the limits are who the characters on the forum is etc etc.

Morrgard

Master endo
It's only natural for there to be some elevated activity now in the first few days. Most likely a Hype train will follow normal Community standards with more activity around release dates/hypes etc.

This activity will slowly calm down and the general post quality will increase, I am sure of it. But you gotta let people make the land first, you know explore the forum, push the envelope, see where the limits are who the characters on the forum is etc etc.
Oh yea of course, I only meant that there does not need to be threads and posts spent spamming a high degree of the same things. As long as there's nothing breaking any forum rules and such though it should be fine :)

EllaFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
This thread actually got better the further I read it!

We'll be looking more into the discussion rules next week when we see what kind of people the forums have lured in (please see current rules). Personally I prefer forum as a platform where you can write longer posts (Discord is meant for those short posts ;)). But I also think that forums are a bit outdated concept which might need to adapt somehow to the present day. But don't be surprised if one or two word posts get deleted in the future, we want the post to be additive and not repetitive / spam like.

Have fun everyone!

Morrgard

Master endo
This thread actually got better the further I read it!

We'll be looking more into the discussion rules next week when we see what kind of people the forums have lured in (please see current rules). Personally I prefer forum as a platform where you can write longer posts (Discord is meant for those short posts ;)). But I also think that forums are a bit outdated concept which might need to adapt somehow to the present day. But don't be surprised if one or two word posts get deleted in the future, we want the post to be additive and not repetitive / spam like.

Have fun everyone!
Thank you Ella, you too!

I quite enjoy a forum, it's much easier to catch up without missing anything, especially with the alert system, have found it very helpful to keep track on what discussions I'm part of.

Garino

Active endo
It seems its gotten worse, there are people with alt accounts liking themselves and doing like for likes. It only takes one peek at the notable members list to see that

Wicca

Well-known endo
This is why we can't have nice things.

I think there is an addon that checks for duplicate accounts based on IP or cookies.

I sends a PM to the forum Admin or moderator, depending on how you set it up, and creates a thread in any forum you have regarding this. I could try to look it up, cause I didn't set it up for our forum..

Status
Not open for further replies.