How about landvehicles

five

Master endo
Since at some point of the game we will have gravity and we will be able to colonize the moon, isnt then there a need for land vehicles?? Maybe implement tank tracks or hover pads or normal wheels?

five

Master endo
Also will there eventually be some kind of landing gear maybe magnetic or something like that??

MoneylooJr

Well-known endo
I think it's safe to say we will be getting land vehicles and landing gears at some point down the line, and the only reason we don't have any yet is because there are bigger priorities (tutorials, improved new player experience, stations/cities, factories, etc.) and because right now there's just no use for them. Moons are completely barren and un-mineable, planets don't exist yet, and there isn't even gravity. Once we see gravity and content added to the moons, I'm sure land vehicles will follow after. Or at least dedicated landing gears.

I believe there is already a 'rail mover' system in the game. You could hypothetically build a sort of tram/train system running around a station or even on the surface of an asteroid or moon! It would be handy for a faction to do, so they can save on fuel and risk for crashing ships. Also robots running spaceborne railroads sounds funny just as a concept.

You could add on to this with ground events like a train heist or destroy the convoy. This would add an incentive to go down to the moon to intercept/ambush them

CalenLoki

Master endo
Current rail movers go 1 m/s... that's whooping 6 times slower than walk speed.
They can also hold very little mass. And when you use more than 1, you'll have problems taking turns (because there are no free-moving hinges)

Verbatos

Veteran endo
I remember someone mentioning writing a hovering script for one of their ships, basically just increasing thrust exponentially the closer the range finders on the bottom get to the moon surface. So I think it is perfectly possible to make automated slow hovering public transport! It would be a bit harder than automated transport around stations, but possible I hope!

CalenLoki

Master endo
Right now we're preparing for community event: tank battle, using hover script. But those tanks will be effective only due to strict rules of the event forbidding any airforces.

Kodey

Veteran endo
That’s right! We’re currently in the early phases of planning the event, but we’ve been making some good progress! While Pip has said that she wanted to film it, I’m sure that we’ll be getting a lot of community footage from it!

Currently three people are done their tanks too! The earlier you start building, the better.

BadNation

Well-known endo
I think this would work well when it comes to land combat as well, especially in a land defense scenario.