How big can I make a ship ?

A very simple question indeed but one that we all surely have thought about... at least i did ahahah.

Can I make a ship the size of a station with hundreds of crew menbers and enough weaponry to make a crater in a moon ?

Its not a question about its effectiveness its a question about if its possible or not. Cause if it is.... it would be AWSOME.

Gknees

Well-known endo
How i know right now limits is something like 50 x 50 x 50 meters. Ofc limit is going to grow. And actually this is only ship designer limit. i think you can build a really big ship in open world.
Also i heard about earlier it was 150 x 150 x 150 meters.

CalenLoki

Master endo
Limits are 50 x 30 x 30 meters.
It's an SSC only limit - you can make bigger ships outside of the editor by building it by hand or bolting several ships together.

There are also quantity limits for various parts.
Exceeding those have hard consequences: your ship thrusters won't work. I've also heard that all the other active components would get disabled. But I haven't verified any of theses myself.
As you can see Centurion exceed them quite a lot, so it can't be used as ship in current version of the game.
Cost and funds are dynamic: cost changes with varying prices of materials, while funds are what you have on your bank account.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/639446056802844724/734070525449469962/unknown.png

Future limits are unknown. Probably will rise at some point, but it's pure guess how much.
If you want to compare to other ship-building games, look more into part limit (12k) rather than max size boundaries.