Like Button Discussion

Read the Post

• Agree/Disagree buttons

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I don't like to easily express what I think about comments.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Like/Dislike buttons

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • THIS POLL HAS BEEN REPLACED, VIEW ORIGINAL POST FOR NEW LINK

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vloshko

Well-known endo
Removing the likes is still bit of a work in progress/under consideration. Plan was to get rid of all likes and the counters on the Members list, but apparently there is no easy way to delete already given likes.

We'll look into bringing likes back and just removing the counter from the members list. Dislike option is not coming to normal messages, but we'll see it they'd be a good idea in game suggestions. // Edit: Just realized that there was a poll about this, let's see what you people say there. (Link: https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/buttons.280/ )
---
Does anyone else feel like 120 seconds is too long of a cooldown between messages? I feel like it is the time that it takes me to read the message I just posted + moving to a next thread and to think about something meaningful to say. Can be decreased if it feels like too much, let me hear those opinions!
---
As for the ranks, we are looking into these.
IMPORTANT: since I can't change the poll choices it will only be an "Agree" or "Like" button since Jetthetank made a great point here:

I believe only a like button should be here, as you can show agreement on an opinion rather than have to reiterate what was already said.
on the otherhand, if someone dislikes it or disagrees, they should explain why they dont in a constructive manner.
Simply scrap the counter on peoples' profiles if you truly care how many .

So here's a poll.

edit: Smash that Cast Vote button!

edit 2: This poll closes on 26 August 2019. Because we all know we're going to no life WoW for a bit starting on the 27th.

edit 3: new poll

Last edited:

Jetthetank

Veteran endo
I believe only a like button should be here, as you can show agreement on an opinion rather than have to reiterate what was already said.
on the otherhand, if someone dislikes it or disagrees, they should explain why they dont in a constructive manner.

Vloshko

Well-known endo
I concur

Vloshko

Well-known endo
UPDATE:

Removing the likes is still bit of a work in progress/under consideration. Plan was to get rid of all likes and the counters on the Members list, but apparently there is no easy way to delete already given likes.

We'll look into bringing likes back and just removing the counter from the members list. Dislike option is not coming to normal messages, but we'll see it they'd be a good idea in game suggestions. // Edit: Just realized that there was a poll about this, let's see what you people say there. (Link: https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/buttons.280/ )
---
Does anyone else feel like 120 seconds is too long of a cooldown between messages? I feel like it is the time that it takes me to read the message I just posted + moving to a next thread and to think about something meaningful to say. Can be decreased if it feels like too much, let me hear those opinions!
---
As for the ranks, we are looking into these.

Last edited:

CalenLoki

Master endo
Could we please get more meaningful choices?

-only like/agree, without scoreboard
-both like/agree and dislike/disagree, without scoreboard
-only like/agree, with scoreboard
-both like/agree and dislike/disagree, with scoreboard
-none

And remove biased text about option for none if you want to be taken seriously.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
This whole thread / poll is hardcore bias. First off your only option is like/dislike or agree/disagree not just like.... Then there is the center option that almost says I'm a little ***** click this to vote.

Sorry but this is not a fair poll and @EllaFB not to be rude but, do your own polls so this does not happen again.

I don't mind Like button but I highly dislike the dislike button. It serves NOTHING at all function wise and only promotes this really sick culture of having to dislikes everything. The whole point of forums was because it's a older way of communicating that many of us older people wanted. Why should we screw up the forums to cater to those who already have their social platforms.

Sorry but just No.

The whole Like issue I had was the leaderboard crap in the members page. That needs to go.

EllaFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
Changed the name of the thread a bit. I do endorse conversation side of this but it is possible that I might have needed to rephrase myself in that other thread a bit better.

So no worries, the decision about the like button is not based on the poll, but we'd just be interested in hearing more comments. Sorry also that we've been so slow in making changes here at the forums!

Kimsemus

Well-known endo
Sometimes a like/dislike or a similar scheme can go a long way towards curating meaningful posts while culling the "i agree" ones.

Vloshko

Well-known endo
Could we please get more meaningful choices?

-only like/agree, without scoreboard
-both like/agree and dislike/disagree, without scoreboard
-only like/agree, with scoreboard
-both like/agree and dislike/disagree, with scoreboard
-none

And remove biased text about option for none if you want to be taken seriously.
This whole thread / poll is hardcore bias. First off your only option is like/dislike or agree/disagree not just like.... Then there is the center option that almost says I'm a little ***** click this to vote.

Sorry but this is not a fair poll and @EllaFB not to be rude but, do your own polls so this does not happen again.

I don't mind Like button but I highly dislike the dislike button. It serves NOTHING at all function wise and only promotes this really sick culture of having to dislikes everything. The whole point of forums was because it's a older way of communicating that many of us older people wanted. Why should we screw up the forums to cater to those who already have their social platforms.

Sorry but just No.

The whole Like issue I had was the leaderboard crap in the members page. That needs to go.

Yeah, this was written as a way to get attention to the issue, it wasn't intended to be a "legitimate" or "official" poll.

Kimsemus

Well-known endo
The guy worried about the dislike button because people might be mean in a game that's built on people being mean to each other is worth the price of thread admission though.

Vloshko

Well-known endo
Why wouldn't you just post using a forum poll? Like the one you already have? lol
Because the forum poll is too limited. It doesn't provide an adequate breakdown of answers to collect a thorough amount of data, to then analyze.