New starting jobs.

CalenLoki

Master endo
As we all know, the grindy experience of early game is rather boring. IKEA is fun for the first 10 minutes.
IMO the solution is to create enough job opportunities that they don't get boring before you can buy your first ship.
They should also teach all the basic aspects of the game.
Also IMO they should all give the same payment per minute. To encourage trying all of them, rather than only the most profitable.

Inter-station delivery:

How:
Player go to one of delivery terminals.
He's given modified pincer.
He can spawn delivery package. It need to be delivered to random other delivery terminal on the station. (receiver shows the way)
Payment is based on distance between those two terminals.

Why:
Teaches piloting a ship, using navigation system and cargo beams.
I believe it would make the station more alive as well, with all the delivery trucks buzzing around.

Possible exploits and solutions:
Pincer could be stolen -> It can't fly further than 1000m from the station, otherwise autopilot takes over and brings it back to the station and despawns.
Abandoned pincers would litter the space -> autopilot brings it back after X amout of time.
Delivery crates being stolen or abandoned -> they could be worthless. Also they could be grabbed or released only inside delivery pad.
Pincer could be nudged out of safezone -> they could blow up in a nice ball of flame if they fly further than 2000m from the station. The nearest player would get fined for few hundred thousands.

Part factory:

How:
In a hall, player is given builder tool.
Hologram of random part is spawned and need to be filled up.

Why:
Teaches using builder tool.

Cleaning spase bug infestation:

How:
Player enters instanced building, and is given some basic weapon and ammunition.
His job is to walk around the building and shoot all bugs he can find. They could move at various speed and in various directions to create additional challenge.
Payment is per bug killed (with extra bonus for the fast ones)

Why:
Teaches weapon handling.
Shooting stuff is fun.

Feel free to more add to the list!

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
Inter-station delivery is a definite yes yes yes.
I'd add something for YOLOL and/or universal tool.
I don't know how I feel about the bug infestation on tho. Feels a bit off.

CalenLoki

Master endo
I don't know how I feel about the bug infestation on tho. Feels a bit off.
That's the only idea for using weapons and still calling it a job.
I wouldn't mind just having laser-paintbal arena, shooting range or other kind of training ground. But it's hard to justify paying for that.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
Maybe a basic coding job could be implemented so new players could learn wiring and YOLOL? Just using your format here...

HOW
Player gets placed in an instance upon entering a job, is placed in front of a door or terminal or something, and is required to complete a basic task that will be useful for the average player, e.g. hooking a button up to a door (probably not that simple but you get my drift).

WHY
Teaches new players the basics of YOLOL and/or technical parts.

I also think that maybe it would be good to have certain tools a thing that you have to obtain, you could get basic things like a universal tool or bolt tool by completing the required basic job, but you could also make it so that these things are craftable and can just be given to a new player without them having to go through the jobs. This could help incentivize working with a group that has resources, or at least doing the basic jobs, maybe if a player doesn't want to do either they could be started out with the means to obtain resources and craft these basic tools, so they can show their knowledge by working for it outside a job.

MoonSet416

Well-known endo
An instanced PVP FPS lobby shooter could be nice as well, teaches player important CQB skills. You get some credit for killing your opponents. Companies can use this to improve coordination.

Also, there could be a tutorial mission where the player has to go to all the areas of the starting station, unlock the respawn points, and get some (small amount of) credits or some sort of starter ship for it.

I support that idea as well, MoonSet416. I think a PVP lobby would be great for testing the mechanics of Starbase gunplay. One of the attractions for people will be the devastating effect a firefight can have on the player environment. If properly implemented it can show off one of the great things Starbase has to offer.