Panning in the Spaceship Designed Is dangerous.

To pan the camera in the Spaceship Deisnger you have to hold down right mouse button. The right mouse button also acts as a delete function for some tools. This means that if you pan with the bolt or wiring tools active you can accidentally delete bolts, wires, and pipes without realizing it by trying to look around. Ideally, panning should make it so you cannot delete objects using tools. Thank you!

This is quite annoying to deal with when trying to move around a crowded build space. Not sure what an easy fix would be though.

Burnside

Master endo
Known danger, just be aware of your mouse cursor in dense environments or switch to the select tool as a precaution. A button to disable right-click deletion while held or remapping the pan-grab might be warranted.

Recatek

Meat Popsicle
Yeah, I've gotten around this for now by just religiously hitting 3 (select tool) before right-clicking to pan. Gets annoying if you're trying to do cabling/piping but otherwise it's a good reflex to have. You could try rebinding the "alternate fire" button in your settings and see if that helps (maybe to a thumb button if you have one), since I think that's the keybind the tool uses for deleting existing parts. Haven't tried it myself though.

Mutleyx

Veteran endo
I was not aware of these work around either, thanks, will try them. I've also been religiosity switching tool to avoid. Regardless, this still needs fixing as it will affect all new players, imho.