[POLL] What Combat Roles Would You Enjoy? PART#1

Which combat roles would you enjoy?

• Total voters

XenoCow

Master endo
There are many roles that a player can have during combat. I am curious to see how players will want to play when it comes to fighting. Will everyone want to pilot fighters? Will a majority want to just be a boarding crew? Only one way to find out! Please only select the roles that you would want to do, not be willing to do.

NOTE: Due to the forum's limit on poll items, this poll has to be split into parts. Please see part #2 for the rest of the poll!!!

Last edited:

Venombrew

Master endo
seems more people, at least so far, want to be something other than a pilot, that is good to know. good poll by the way, this could be some useful data for FB.

XenoCow

Master endo
It should be noted that more than one option is selectable since players may enjoy more than one part of the game. It won't be clear where player preferences are until we get many more results.

Venombrew

Master endo
@XenoCow it wont let me select more than one. it just lets me change my single vote.

EDIT: ya i can see where only 2 voters voted, but since it only limited me to 1 selection it made it look like half a dozen people voted.

Aha

Veteran endo
I think it is safe to remove both captain and navigation. :)
Both of them are manifested in the pilot really, hence they got 0 votes.

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
I feel like this poll needs to be a single vote only, as people fall into what they like most, and tend to follow habits. I think it would be more indicitive of what people feel like they would do rather than their hopes.

XenoCow

Master endo
I feel like this poll needs to be a single vote only, as people fall into what they like most, and tend to follow habits. I think it would be more indicitive of what people feel like they would do rather than their hopes.
This poll is designed not to see what players will most likely do all the time, but rather what potential roles people would like to do. For example, if it turns out that tons of players want to be fighter pilots, large ship gunners, boarding crews, and station attackers, as is looking like an early trend, then we might hazard a guess that players are interested in directly impacting the combat with guns (hand held or mounted).

I think that players will be happy to try out different roles sometimes. In large group situations, likely will. A poll that only allows for one choice would point to a more individualistic view on what is possible as everyone will pick their favorite role only.

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
Picking their favourite was kind of my point, because a user can only do one thing at a time, I feel like it would skew results less is all.

Aha

Veteran endo
Multi choice does screw up results. Its arguable tho, but i too would prefer to see a single choice result.

Venombrew

Master endo
Picking their favourite was kind of my point, because a user can only do one thing at a time, I feel like it would skew results less is all.
ya but you do got to keep in consideration of smaller crews with 6-12 people, some of them guys are probably gonna have more than 1 job duty on a ship, crew size depending.