Poll: Zoom

Should there be zoom while piloting/aiming turrets (seated)?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

CalenLoki

Master endo
Or not to zoom. That is the question.

According to devs, no:

AkseliFB:
"No zoom when piloting planned"

IMO there should be one, to allow spying on enemies from long distance (if you know where to look).
Also to make it slightly more fair for people with weaker PCs (not me).

It could be built in function of every endo, hand-held tool (binos), ship mounted equipment or endo head upgrade.
But it should be in some way available for pilots.

Either short range x2, or (my preference) strong x10 for long distance spying.

What do ye think.

Last edited:

Vexus

Master endo
No default zoom, or easy "we're robots so we should be able to zoom in!" style endo-zoom (like Arma3). None of that. Instead make it where players have to risk themselves to gain information about targets, or use some other device that is not default to the player - as simple as carrying around a sniper rifle. It should not be easy to use while piloting or in normal combat. Some features are better left out to ensure better gameplay.

dusty

10x would be far too strong, and would likely make it near-to-impossible to hide or obscure a construct of some kind. Arma has a nifty zoom feature, but it's only about 2x, and it's implemented because the pixel density of most monitors makes it hard to see objects that are technically far away but well within the capabilities of regular eyesight. I would be fine with something like that, but higher levels of zoom should be reserved for scopes/magnifying optics/yaddayadda, even if it makes sense that an endoskeleton would have advanced optics.

Azelous

Veteran endo
Being able to see far away is a basic concept, I’d hope that sophisticated humanoid robots are capable of such a feat. Having to rely on a weapon just to get a good view doesn’t sound very satisfying. Whether the optical sensors come with zoom capacity or they require an attachment/upgrade, I’d prefer something like this to exist in a game with such large distances.

Kodey

Veteran endo
I’d love to see a telescope, I just don’t feel safe when using the railgun to zoom in on things.

five

Master endo
A zoom function would be usefull, maybe as an upgrade for your helmet. I mean exos are robots and robots can have cameras with zoom

Dommy

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I would love a zoom feature as either an interactable physical object which you can bolt on a ship (e.g. a telescope with tripod; fills your screen), or an upgrade to your endo. I like the idea of getting upgrades for you endo. Currently, the only reason to buy anything for your endo is aesthetics (iirc it will act as armour if it doesn't already), I would love to have more practical reasons to buy things for your endo.