Possible to conquer and take possession of stations/ships?

cranky corvid

Well-known endo
You can scrap other players' ships outside of safezones. You can't seize ownership of them yet, but support for it is planned. Likewise, seizing control of enemy stations is planned, but not implemented yet.

You can scrap other players' ships outside of safezones. You can't seize ownership of them yet, but support for it is planned. Likewise, seizing control of enemy stations is planned, but not implemented yet.
Im pretty sure you can still fly them, just that you arent their owner. Not sure what happens if you destroy their transponder and place your own, or if thats even possible rn.

Venombrew

Master endo
the idea is you can find a ship or take one from someone in a non safe zone, and once you bring it back to a station as you enter the station it will become yours. a couple months ago it wasn't working yet, when i would fly another person's ship back to a base or whoever abandoned those ships it would lock up on me and fly on its own back out of the station are. i do not know if they made it where you can register other peoples ship to you or not, but a ship in a non safe zone was flyable at least.

cranky corvid

Well-known endo
Right now you can only claim ships if the previous owner has used the specific option to explicity forfeit ownership of them. Yes, flying ships owned by someone else is possible outside the safezone, but you'll lose control if you fly them into a safezone and if you manage to despawn them, they go into the owner's station inventory rather than yours.

Venombrew

Master endo
but you'll lose control if you fly them into a safezone and if you manage to despawn them, they go into the owner's station inventory rather than yours.
you know i was curious to know what happened to those ships that despawned, i didnt know if they returned back to the location i found them or they were deleted, i just didn't know, now i do, TY!

if you build a ship within the safezone, but in open space, when would ownership/classification as a ship be established, as opposed to just being a bunch of parts put together?

is there a way how to change ownership of the of the ship? in 2021 ? I found the abandoned ship outside of save zone I bring it to station at the edge in the save zone I am able to fly it I am able to use it but I am unable to repair it with the building tool . And also I am unable to change the ownership to me
Is there a way how to do it? like replace the transponder or some kind of hacking chip ?

Not right now. Its going to be implemented in a short time, but as far as i know you cant change ownership of ships right now.
You can use it outside of safezones or cut things out and use those.