Patch type: Minor

Inventory

• Blocked custom items from backpacks
  • Fixed an issue when trying to pick up ore nuggets up manually
Tutorial

• Added durability tool as a reward from repair job tutorial
Public Test Universe

• Removed Socket Creator Tool and added Power Packs to player test inventory

When are we getting a fix for the bug that doesn't allow us to buy custom ships with parts in stations storage.
Last ship buying got refunded (for me) bcs of Hardpoints !
Went thru every item on list deselecting one by one and trying to buy , than selecting it back again and moving on next on list. =(

Zaff

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
> Removed Socket Creator Tool
Does that mean a full removal of sockets (and making them legacy tech like attachment plates), or only removal of a handheld endo tool?

> Removed Socket Creator Tool
Does that mean a full removal of sockets (and making them legacy tech like attachment plates), or only removal of a handheld endo tool?
i think this just applies to what you get in your inventory at start when you play on the PTU

This change would make perfect sense if inventory 2.0 existed. Right now this means you can't pick up say partially assembled thrusters or crafting tables. But it also means i can't nail 5 range finders together to take 1 inventory slot.

This seems like a fine trade off given i can't store more items by adding item crates to my ship. Please hold off on this change until inventory 2.0.

additionally is there a way to allow crafting bench upgrades to be permanently apart of the crafting table so they are not custom crafting tables when you bolt on the upgrades?

This change would make perfect sense if inventory 2.0 existed. Right now this means you can't pick up say partially assembled thrusters or crafting tables. But it also means i can't nail 5 range finders together to take 1 inventory slot.

This seems like a fine trade off given i can't store more items by adding item crates to my ship. Please hold off on this change until inventory 2.0.

additionally is there a way to allow crafting bench upgrades to be permanently apart of the crafting table so they are not custom crafting tables when you bolt on the upgrades?
Either that or make the upgrades a separate crafting bench all together. So you would have tier 1 crafting bench, tier 2 crafting bench ect.... That way you could store your old benches in case something happened and you wouldn't have to start over from crafting the basic benches and their upgrades.... again.

As someone with the crafting bench bug with all upgrades, the only work around that is available to me is to carry around a custom workbench in my inventory because the bug occurs whenever the upgraded bench enters an instanced zone. (So anyone with this bug cant attach them to a ship) Please resolve this issue before you remove the ability to place custom items in backpacks so people with this issue can have use of a bench when out in the field away from a station.

MoonSet416

Well-known endo
"Blocked custom items from backpacks" why?
this makes transporting workbenches harder than they need to be
plus just think about things like salvage