Question about the Endo Wrist Com

Venombrew

Master endo
I know a lot of the features the wrist com does for us when working with Yolo. But I got a question about its range and distant functionality.

So lets say i wired my ship to explode with a self destruct capabilities that can be detonated together with yolo code. Can the Endo Wrist Com be used to activate that same code from a distance to initiate the self destruct function?

Good example would be from the movie "Predators" where the Predator explodes the ship from the ground with his wrist com as humans try to escape the planet in his ship. For me, I would do the same thing, someone hijacks my ship and goes to take off, I could initiate a self destruct from my endo's wrist com without being on the ship.

Is this possible, or could be possible?

CalenLoki

Master endo
Not possible ATM. You can edit yolol fields with Universal Tool, but only of you aim directly at the device you want to edit.
Yuo also need to select the field and type the value, which takes time.

But! There are remote explosives, which can be used to blow up some part of your ship, which may be rigged to trigger code execution.

Venombrew

Master endo
Not possible ATM. You can edit yolol fields with Universal Tool, but only of you aim directly at the device you want to edit.
Yuo also need to select the field and type the value, which takes time.

But! There are remote explosives, which can be used to blow up some part of your ship, which may be rigged to trigger code execution.
okay, that was awesome info. Do got one more question, and i get it, some of these may be unable to answer, BUT what about a password requirement to even start your ship. For instance you get three attempts to login in a password and you fail to put in the right password so it does a 10 minute freeze on start up. IF this is possible, than rigging explosives to the yolo network to detonate said explosives after like 5 fail logins and ultimately unable to enter an abort code would cause a self destruct. Is ANY of what i mentioned above doable or future possibilities?

CalenLoki

Master endo
It is doable, even if a bit clunky.
ATM there are no explosives directly linkable to yolol, except missiles, torpedoes and guns pointing at reactors. All those are rather big and expensive, so such auto-destruction would cost quite a lot (mass, power, credits and resources).

Password kill-switches that just disable the ship are perfectly possible. Even quite easy to do. But of course they can all get disarmed by physically finding the responsible yolol chip.
You just need to hide both main flight control unit and the chip "if :password==:correctpasword then :fcumultiplayer=100 else :fcumultiplayer=0 end goto1".
Just leave progress bar for inputting password and button/script to 0 it when you leave the ship.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
I would say just strap some remote explosives to your reactor if you want to detonate your own ship! (Although I think that would be a bit silly if you want to recapture your own ship at some point)