Ship Shop Instructions

ElluFB

Forever locked into The Pool
Frozenbyte
SHIP SHOP SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
discord_sb__divider_sb.png

Players are able to submit an application for their own ship shop in Starbase Early Access. There are two types of ship shops, a small and a large one. For both of these there are five different themes from which the players can choose the visual style for the shop. The shop name will be displayed on a sign in all shops. Player or a company has to have at least half of the required ships approved when applying for their own ship shop. Ship Shop submissions are done via the in-game Feedback Tool (F1), under the Ship Shop Submission tab.

This post covers:
  1. Ship shop requirements
  2. Submission form and process
  3. Shop themes
  4. Shop updates
Please read all the instructions carefully before submitting a ship shop, to avoid any mistakes that could lead to unnecessary delay with the shop submission.

SHIP SHOP REQUIREMENTS

📢 NOTE! All ships that are to be added into a shop need to be submitted via the Ship Submission form (F1) and need to be approved beforehand. The forum post on how to submit your ship designs can be found here. You can message a community manager if you are unsure about the status of your ship submissions!

SMALL SPACESHIP SHOPS:
  • Room for 5 small and 5 medium spaceships. Bigger ships require a large shop.
  • Any player or company with at least 5 small / medium approved ships can apply for a small shop.
  • Each company can only have one small spaceship shop.
    • If you plan to produce a large amount of spaceships, or are interested in creating big ships, please request a large shop instead!
    • If you have a large shop and want to apply for a small shop afterwards, we can't promise that said request can be granted

LARGE SPACESHIP SHOPS:
  • Room for the following ship sizes:
    • 10 small
    • 7 medium
    • 3 large
    • 2 x-large (Currently one x-large area can be reserved for 2 large ships)
  • Any company that has 10 or more approved ships that match with the size chart, will get their own ship shop.
  • Once the acquired shop has been completely filled, another large shop can be requested.

Here are the ship dimensions:
  • Small = 10x7x7
  • Medium = 25x15x20
  • Large = 35x35x50 (unavailable in small ship shops)

Layouts and ship sizes for small and large ship shop:
Starbase_2020-12-09_small_ship_shop_layout_111220.png
Starbase_2020-12-09_large_ship_shop_layout_111220.png

SUBMISSION PROCESS

In the shop submission form, you'll need to input the following information:
  • Submission type (new shop or an update to existing one)
  • Company/shop name
  • Shop size (small/large)
  • Shop theme
  • List of ships
  • Optional additional information, e.g. particular ship placements
  • Contact person's Discord tag
For the ship placement layout you can refer to this map by Okim:
20210121204514!Shop_Layouts.jpg

You can refer to a specific spot by their number and mention what ship you'd want placed there. If you don't have any preference, we will choose the placement ourselves. Note that we reserve all rights to change the placements, in case the ships aren't the correct size to put where requested.

SHOP THEMES

We have five different themes for the visual style of the shops. These are for both the small and the large ship shop. The pictures below show the themes on a large ship shop.

Ship_Shop_Theme_01.jpg
Ship_Shop_Theme_02.jpg
Ship_Shop_Theme_03.jpg
Ship_Shop_Theme_04.jpg
Ship_Shop_Theme_05.jpg

SHOP UPDATES

• Players can submit updates to their shops. These include: removal of a ship in the shop, addition of a new ship and updates to the ships currently in the shop (note again that you need to submit the ships via Ship Submissions first).
  • You cannot change the placement of individual ships, or the shop theme with the update form.
  • Be aware that the updates will not appear in the game instantly, as all changes must be included for a upcoming patch.

It is important to note that the submitted materials for ship shops might not be implemented into the game as provided. We reserve the right to change applications to better fit the game’s regulations and theme. Use of copyrighted material in the submissions is prohibited.

Also, please note that getting the shops into the game can take a while, so please be patient!

Kenetor

Master endo
until we can profit from this, there is literally a negative incentive to both run and keep shop ship designs updated, because we can sell them elsewhere, its just both risky and can increase CM ticket submissions through bug lost ships, and needing to refund ores so people can buy their ships from independent sellers again.

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
until we can profit from this, there is literally a negative incentive to both run and keep shop ship designs updated, because we can sell them elsewhere, its just both risky and can increase CM ticket submissions through bug lost ships, and needing to refund ores so people can buy their ships from independent sellers again.
I agree on both. I was shocked when I first learned ship shop owners got nothing, I liked what I thought was supporting ship creators. And on your other point, yes, you have great content and you are one of the few reasons I look forward to a literal Monday.

Kenetor

Master endo
Also another point here, the devs are already struggling to keep ships updated both at the end of CA and now, of the ships in my shop, I submitted updates for 6 of them only 2 went through and we've had 2 small patches since that more could of gone in to, I've had no feedback if there were issues with them and I'm sure many other ship shops have in the same position with other ships waiting to go in.
While I'm sure we all appreciate the ship shops and access to many great or just fun looking designs, we have to question if this is a good use of dev time that could be spent elsewhere. be it making the process simpler to update, or working towards proper player-owned and run ship shops

What would be considered the sizes for each;
  • Small = 10x7x7
  • Medium = 25x15x20
  • Large = 35x35x50 (unavailable in small ship shops)
In the shipbuilder there is no actual measurement guide.
I find the grid very limited to say the least.

So when you list as Small = 10x7x7, what are these measurements?

Last edited:

Foraven

Veteran endo
I have submitted several ships and I have yet to see them added in game. I don't even know if I filled the forms correctly or if the ships have been rejected for some reason or another. Some automation of the process would be nice, at least some automated response saying that the ship is in queue to be evaluated or something.

Kodey

Veteran endo
I have submitted several ships and I have yet to see them added in game. I don't even know if I filled the forms correctly or if the ships have been rejected for some reason or another. Some automation of the process would be nice, at least some automated response saying that the ship is in queue to be evaluated or something.
your best bet is to reach out to one of the community managers in discord, such as Dusty, Ellu, Aura, Mith, and Kale

Foraven

Veteran endo
your best bet is to reach out to one of the community managers in discord, such as Dusty, Ellu, Aura, Mith, and Kale
Thanks, I will try that.

Edit: Ellu is the one in charge of ship submission. Tried to contact her on discord but I am still waiting for an answer.

Last edited: