Ship shops

How much should a engineer earn from a ship?

• Nothing

• 10%

• 25%

• 50%

Results are only viewable after voting.

five

Master endo
Will you be able to earn money with ship shops in the future? As far as I know at the moment you cannot earn money through a ship shop. This is kind of sad for me to hear, since I was thinking about having a ship shop be 1 of the resources I finance a private military faction with. Since that is out of the option the only other ways are: mining and trading. I'd really like to see this changed for full release, as I think that engineers should profit for building attractive ships. Maybe you could make it in a way that an engineer only gets 10 - 20% of the price the ship is sold for.

CalenLoki

Master endo
The idea for final version, afaik, is that ship shops will be run by players.
So how much designer earn from each ship depends on his contract with ship owner/manufacturers/station owners(taxes)/suppliers, ect.

Current ship shops are just temporary placeholders, so players can get some decent ships. So I don't think they'll be worked on much.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
The idea for final version, afaik, is that ship shops will be run by players.
So how much designer earn from each ship depends on his contract with ship owner/manufacturers/station owners(taxes)/suppliers, ect.

Current ship shops are just temporary placeholders, so players can get some decent ships. So I don't think they'll be worked on much.
As Loki said, in the future players will be fully running the ship shops, and you will be able to set the submittor's cut yourself. I doubt anyone will bother about calculating contracts and such, most of the time.