Slim Folding Seat

i agree this would be cool. would definitely need to have some drawbacks though other than just not being a controller seat i guess, but it would pretty useful for sure

CalenLoki

Master endo
No need for drawbacks. There is only visual difference between endo sitting and crouching on the floor. So they fall closer to decorative pieces than devices that need to be balanced.

Unless you want to bind buttons and levers to it. But at that point foldable chair doesn't really save any space.

sort of true i guess. Im just saying in the case that you could somehow fit WAY MORE endos into an equivalent space using these chairs if you know what I mean. Obviously these would be good for saving a reasonable amount of space, but might be too much if you can fit more than like 1.5 endos in the same amount of space as a single passenger chair. idk man, just thinking out loud sorta

Burnside

Master endo
yes, I was just thinking about jump seats yesterday

drawback, the seat is bolted to the back which is bolted to the wall instead of both pieces being bolted to the big support frame and they'll never work as spare command chairs when making field repairs

:unsure:
How do you fit more than 1 endo in the same seat?
no I know what you're saying but I think you misunderstood what I meant. I dont mean fitting more than one endo in a single seat, that would be ridiculous lol. Instead I mean fitting more than like 2 jump seats in the same space which you could fit a single command seat. Just saying it could end up making the normal passenger seats obsolete if the jump seats are WAY more space efficient. Just a thought

Brushes

Well-known endo
Ah ok, i see. They could be same height/width when occupied, just fold flat when not in use... Or maybe they only come in pairs, no single jump seats.

Burnside

Master endo
the only reasons to have passengers use full chairs is style or yolol connectivity services built into the ship design, otherwise yeah, jump seats are the optimal choice since comfort isn't a factor in the slightest. I think jump seats should be just as wide as a command chair, so you aren't saving width at all, you can just fold them flush into the wall for more cargo options and save some weight