Solution to Adding Mouse Controls

Just add joysticks to the game. It taking yaw and pitch but cant strafe or rolling since it has it's limits. But this poses another issue, not being able to move your head when flying. And the solution to that is you have to press a button to toggle flying with joystick or hold a button down such as a mouse button when piloting with a joystick. ( I know its not the greatest solution but if there is and that could work please comment what it is) And these are more likely to be used in ships like fighters or smaller ships or basically any ship that does lots of maneuvering and not for large and bulky ships.

CalenLoki

Master endo
Alternative solution: give each lever keybind for grabbing it. When you press it, it's like clicking your mouse on the lever.
Difference is you can grab multiple levers by binding them to the same button.

Although I still prefer just chair outputing pilot view angle yaw and pitch.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
You could use something like joy2key, then bind left/right to a roll lever and forward/backward to a pitch/yaw lever.

It would be as simple as:
- Download Joy2Key.
- Bind directions to respective WASD.
- Ships default to WASD for roll/pitch/yaw so you now have a joystick that works with default controls.
- If you want to have the joystick control different things or have more external controls you could just put those through Joy2Key as well or press TAB while in-game to rebind your ship controls to what you set for Joy2Key.

The problem with just having joystick support is that only people with joysticks benefit from the smooth flight and maybe easier aiming.
Don't get me wrong, we need something other than just keyboard controls but it is pretty hard to find a good and balanced solution.

The problem with just having joystick support is that only people with joysticks benefit from the smooth flight and maybe easier aiming.
Don't get me wrong, we need something other than just keyboard controls but it is pretty hard to find a good and balanced solution.
My understanding is that this would be a in game joystick that can respond to mouse controls, not a feature requiring a real world joystick.