Starbase Player Council Report - Q1 2022

the sheer numbers of posts saying why have a council when they can just use public discord and public forums yet have maybe 10-20 posts total themselves are really missing the point, if it worked that way we wouldn't need a focus group.
You may not like it but public threads just turn into chaos, 1 line replies, people not backing up their concerns or queries with any data. not to mention the bitching and arguments that come from people not accepting anothers point of view without picking a fight.
And all that before we get to the point people just not interacting on these platforms, then wondering why they weren't picked or why its not just done here.

This is why FB set up the focus group and if you all cared this much you would be commenting and posting a LOT more than you obviously have been.
oh and discord is entirely not the place to track suggestions and in-depth conversations, like, at all!
Just searching posts from few people each week is a long task, trust me, I do it every week myself...

My issue with this is that, from an external perspective, nothing has changed.

I might BE more represented but if I can't address / be addressed by my representative, only by FB, I cannot KNOW that I am more represented.

The community's line of communication is unchanged and there is an unmeasurable effect on the content of the communication.

It's still just "***** on the forums and maybe someone will notice and ~3 months later I might see a progress report about getting to that problem sometime next year."

pavvvel

Veteran endo
Players Council discussed that urgently need to make adequate mouse control of the ships?
Many players are tired of waiting for this to happen. . .