Starbase Progress Notes: Week 10 (2020)

I'm hoping someday we can make our own signs. Even if they have to pass some sort of quality or curation process.

Hmm the mining hose is really interesting. I wonder if we'll get something like this to extend piping and wiring over joints or others bendable connections.. Such as for trains

XenoCow

Master endo
I really like that players in seats can choose to sit normally, or with their guns out (and use the guns). The sitting animations overall are awesome, and, despite being robots, life-like.

Venombrew

Master endo
AFAIK no custom images or sounds are planned.
thats a shame, several games out right now thats been doing it for years. Archeage has it where you can upload sound and images, people have custom jolly rogers on their sails, signs on their homes, real songs playing through the ingame built items.

Great! But in the "Mining House" video there're two devices I can't find on the wiki. One is the device mounted on the side of the platform connecting player through the glowing "wire", the other is those three large boxes on the platform. I guess the first one is a "connector" for transferring items, electricity and fuel between ship and player, and the second one is a "refinery". Do they have an exact name?

AkseliFB

Frozenbyte Developer
Frozenbyte
Great! But in the "Mining House" video there're two devices I can't find on the wiki. One is the device mounted on the side of the platform connecting player through the glowing "wire", the other is those three large boxes on the platform. I guess the first one is a "connector" for transferring items, electricity and fuel between ship and player, and the second one is a "refinery". Do they have an exact name?
These are under development and not ready. We'll add them in the wiki when tested and ready to use. The connector device is called Resource Bridge. And the three red boxes are Modular Ore Cargo Crates. They are storage units and only for ore/materials.
The idea is that players can mine asteroids and all the ores are transferred directly to these crated in your ship. The backpack no longer stores ore in it self.

AlexiyOne

Well-known endo
These are under development and not ready. We'll add them in the wiki when tested and ready to use. The connector device is called Resource Bridge. And the three red boxes are Modular Ore Cargo Crates. They are storage units and only for ore/materials.
The idea is that players can mine asteroids and all the ores are transferred directly to these crated in your ship. The backpack no longer stores ore in it self.
This sounds very interesting, can't wait to see lol