Starbase Progress Notes: Week 4

Vexus

Master endo
Tax related design worked on and new tax values tested
Tax is a tricky thing. If players have the option to tax, it does give them incentive to protect their taxees, but it also gives those players something from nothing. I see these kind of mechanics take away from a game, not add to it. If however this is some passive thing to help be a credit-sink for the economy in terms of buying and selling at main stations, then it is valid. Just some input from my end.

Material amount bought is now in kilovoxels instead of voxels
Can exact-voxel count be made as a UI option, or maybe the exact-voxel information is available by looking/mousing over the item in your inventory? Seems like something the most shrewd players (including myself) want to check once in a while.

New 3D stars singe object has been made and skybox updated
Any imagery of this? Would love to see it!

Sit animations when wielding a weapon/tool are being worked on
Almost every game I can think of doesn't even tackle this issue. They just put away your weapon/tool when you sit and don't let you use it. Too much work to put in animations there. This reflects so well on you guys like almost everything you're doing. Great job with your attention to detail and giving this option. Players will be able to mount chairs on the side of their "void-copters" and shoot out the open doors while playing Fortunate Son, among many other great possibilities. It brought a big smile to see the work going into this detail which everyone dreams about in a game that you guys are delivering on. Amazed as usual!

PopeUrban

Veteran endo
I can't wait to build Chair Force 1. Who needs complicated ship weapons when you can just hand out rocket launchers and strap a bunch of seats and boxes of ammo to the outside of your ship?

In addition, Macross torpedo spam is now a reality with a simple script and torpedo tubes pointed 90 degrees out from the side of your ship.

FIRE ALL TORPEDOS
WAIT 2 SECONDS
ACTIVATE LASER

Alternately, you could script the torpedo itself to have a built in wait after launch before it starts following laser. Then you build an autoloader mechanism for your torpedo destroyer design.

Then you build a fleet of them and key all of the torpedos ot one laser on one flagship.

And that flagship is chair force 1.

Last edited: