Starbase Progress Notes: Week 7 (2021)

ElluFB

Forever locked into The Pool
Frozenbyte
Starbase Progress Notes: Week 7 (2021)
February 15th - 19th

Hello everyone. Here are the progress notes of week 7 of 2021!

Please note that the "Progress Notes" are different from the Starbase Alpha "Patch Notes". Progress Notes are snippets from the development team and what has been worked on during the previous week, and many of the features might not be present in the current or upcoming builds of the Closed Alpha. Some features, especially in the design portion, can be subject to change as the development continues.

Design

Features
  • Cable and Pipe tools now place down cables and pipes from the center of the camera instead of the end of the tool, making placement easier in tight spaces
  • Design on large generator has started (more powerful and efficient generator for larger ships)
  • Plasma thruster configurations have been worked on
User Interface
  • Tutorials for spaceships controls and flying have been worked on
  • Company Missions logic has been worked on
    • Public Missions log
    • Leaders being able to remove personnel mid mission
    • Accepting and denying missions
  • Initial designs for new infographics have been worked on
  • Work on Station Manager UI continues
Stations and Cities
  • Missing Eydama A ship added back to Duratech store
  • Removed Hildr A ship from Duratech store
  • Various station asset names have been updated
  • Collision issue with Station Designer's Angled Corners has been fixed
Other
  • Premade ships are being updated for the thruster changes
  • More buttons and switches are being worked on

Code

Gameplay
  • Inventory handling for tripod weapons have been worked on
  • The interactions and indicators with levers and other devices while holding tools have been improved
  • A bug that caused ship shop ships to sometimes spawn at odd locations around the ship shop has been fixed
  • Lot transponder pointed locations for player station contained lots have been fixed
User Interface
  • The addition of company bank accounts have been worked on
  • Mail inbox can now be searched based on mail subject, sender, send date and various other filters
  • The sent mail-mailbox now shows recipient instead of sender name. The opened mail view also shows the recipient's name in addition to the sender.
  • Station Access Page have been worked on
In-game Designers
  • Scene view box can no longer select objects that aren't supposed to be selectable, such as (partially) built station grid slots.
  • Editing player station lots now displays the LOD of the player station around the lot
  • Fixed moons in the background appearing in wrong locations while in the Spaceship Designer

Art

Animations and Emotes
  • Work on melee animations has continued
  • Work on decalizer & painter tool animations has continued
Stations and Cities
  • Work on Skyscraper Roof Module 02 interior has continued
Weapons and Armor
  • Watcher armorset have been polished
Other
  • Modeling for a signal booster asset is underway
  • Created inventory icons for various torpedo and missile launcher related assets
  • Work on the reconstruction machine effect have continued
  • All Endo Hit effects have been updated

Gallery

Week07_2021_Starbase_armorsets_watcher_polish.jpg Week07_2021_Starbase_signal_booster_highpoly.jpg

Videos

As always, feel free to ask any questions regarding these progress notes!
And if you haven't yet, go add Starbase to your Steam wishlist!

Kenetor

Master endo
HYPE!

Great to see yet another endo armour as well as company features inching ever closer to release.
But damn look at that Plasma Thruster! so gooood!

Last edited:

Kodey

Veteran endo
That plasma thruster is really hyping me up, can’t wait to put that on my submarine!

ExtraPerry

Active endo
Thruster Effects and Plasma Thrusters Pog !

Also I kinda think the plasma thruster trail is a bit small compared to the truster itself. (could be the distance the camera is at though)

Last edited:

Meboy1000

Active endo
hmmm, those box thruster effects look great in that situation, but in a lot of peoples ships there are so many thrusters next to eachother, im not sure how good that will look

Mutleyx

Veteran endo
"Design on large generator has started (more powerful and efficient generator for larger ships)"
/drool

MOAR POWER!
\o/

XenoCow

Master endo
I'm really glad that the thruster light now respects objects being in the way. I won't get blinded by turning so much once this is patched in.

Joelfett

Well-known endo
Oh nice, the notes keep getting shorter each time, I hope that means the alpha phase comes to a close soon because I will definitely buy a key once it releases on steam

Meboy1000

Active endo
Oh nice, the notes keep getting shorter each time, I hope that means the alpha phase comes to a close soon because I will definitely buy a key once it releases on steam
ha, its nowhere near EA, Progress note length doesnt mean much. I would say just hope for a CA key, they have been ramping up invites