support ships and tech

Thinking about existing missiles and torpedoes it would be a thing to have missile/torpedo defences, because damage inflicted by those seems to be quite heavy.

So there could be whole ships designed for the sole purpose of keeping those away.

Or jammers, or armor buffing/weakening beams, or fog/cloud generators to reduce/block laser damage, or oracles, or systems to identify enemy mounted stuff...

MoonSet416

Well-known endo
they will probs balance the damage as time goes on, right now i think most ships shouldn't be that worried cuz missiles and torps are both very slow

XenoCow

Master endo
I think that there can be some engineering choices taken to lessen the impact of these kinds of explosive weapons like spaced armor or redundancy. Plus, players will be able to shoot at incoming torpedoes and maybe disperse some sort of chaff (think Obi Wan being chased by Jango Fet) to destroy the smaller missiles.

Joshua

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Seems like the jamming device would be the most reasonable, however extra layering for armor can already be done by hand so it does not make sense to make thicker armor in the game. I would simply recommend to make a fast small ship in order to out maneuver the enemy weapons if you feel that your ship is at risk of being destroyed due to lack of defensive weapons.