SZ too profitable

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
Disabling mining lasers is a really good idea imo, it solves the problem of having top tier ships generating insane money in an environment with 0 risk while still allowing new/broke players to make money and learn the game. When I first started I was pick axing all day but the moment I bought a new ship that was much faster than the default laborer I was out of the safe zone, I had moved past safe zone before I even had a mining laser so I don't think newer players will be impacted by this change.
I agree, but keep hauling in the safe zone, as new players won‘t have hauling ships capable of going that far out for one Astroid. And it would make any form of haling a waste.

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
Disable SZ - there are plenty games that are similar that dont have safe zones and playes quickly band with others for help or learn how to avoid others.
Scatter the stations around the planet rather than in one cluster to reduce piracy and increase dependency on group play.
Increase functionality of player stations so they can function the same as the origin stations.
Reduce size of SZ roid as well as density

Civilian capital ships is going to bring its own kind of problems as they are effectively going to be current day mobile stations with no way to capture or remove it without setting up a 24h blockade and will never need to be replaced even when you decide to jump next to a pirate station and mine there indefinitely.
This game is more based on creativity and less on PvP in my opinion. And also, most Full-loot PvP MMORPGs fail quickly, we need a safe spot to bring our stuff back to. And civillian capital ships safe zone will be tiny, and pretty much any ship outside of it is fair game, it cant jump into the belt, and you can only launch a ship from it every 5 or so minutes i think

Tomasz

Well-known endo
This game is more based on creativity and less on PvP in my opinion. And also, most Full-loot PvP MMORPGs fail quickly, we need a safe spot to bring our stuff back to. And civillian capital ships safe zone will be tiny, and pretty much any ship outside of it is fair game, it cant jump into the belt, and you can only launch a ship from it every 5 or so minutes i think
It is full loot PvP mmorpgs that were the most sucessfull and made way for other mmorpgs.
Ultima online, Tibia,EVE online all these precursors of MMORPG were ful loot pvp oriented games that alowed for things that are nowdays called "griefing" that is pretty much player driven diplomacy and peer-policing.
Only AFTEr they were sucesfull casual crowd came in en-masse demanding safe spaces , language policing and all other mommy-keep-you-safe-my-baby stuff.
PS: i find it golden that yo uhave ruber duck as your avatar in this circumstance.

I agree, but keep hauling in the safe zone, as new players won‘t have hauling ships capable of going that far out for one Astroid. And it would make any form of haling a waste.
I hadn't even thought about the clf ships but they should be considered the next step for new players, similiar to mining lasers. Once you get some money to buy a ship with mining lasers or clf there's plenty of profit for you like 50 km out. There needs to be some progression to get players to move along and out of the safezone so they can start making the big bucks. If you allow clf ships to do their thing in safezone the problem remains it just shifts all of the safezone mega miners to use clf instead of mining lasers.

Womble

Veteran endo
The point about "going all the way out to Zond 4 to sift through Bastium rocks looking for the Good Stuff" is well made. Even when the demand for the higher Tier ore picks up enough to get the prices out of the toilet, that will be a dampener on the incentive to trek all the way out there (or back to market).

I dont believe this game is more creativity if that was the case we would see a creativity system more along the lines of Dual universe were they are clearly focused on Creating and building more than anything else.

The game tries to incorporate many aspects into one game so that all players can find their niche. Although the game is requires some development before the other niches can be realised.

The current game is fine the origin station safe zone is good as well as it gives new players the ability to learn before getting thrown into a harsh environment where the smallest mistake could cost you hours of repair or even your entire ship.

We just need to be careful not to lean to hard into one side or risk losing the other entirely.

A perfect example of over compensating was the extension of SZ around the moon warp gate. There was good clean natural PVP without causing a game stopping issue that forces everyone to go through or partake. All the ore in the green belt was attainable in blue belt except for Ymrium which is a pain to look for anyway.
I made the trip from my green belt station to Origin multiple times a day and with some common sense anyone could avoid getting shot down by having a quick look around and jumping back if things looked hairy.

Im enjoy all aspects of the game and wouldn't consider myself an active PVPer but anything without risk gets boring quickly and also should not be more profitable than something with a lot of risk.

SZ roids should be bite sized they should be smaller as to not encourage laser spam shell mining as well as the core ore should be one pickaxe swings worth.

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
I dont believe this game is more creativity if that was the case we would see a creativity system more along the lines of Dual universe were they are clearly focused on Creating and building more than anything else.

The game tries to incorporate many aspects into one game so that all players can find their niche. Although the game is requires some development before the other niches can be realised.

The current game is fine the origin station safe zone is good as well as it gives new players the ability to learn before getting thrown into a harsh environment where the smallest mistake could cost you hours of repair or even your entire ship.

We just need to be careful not to lean to hard into one side or risk losing the other entirely.

A perfect example of over compensating was the extension of SZ around the moon warp gate. There was good clean natural PVP without causing a game stopping issue that forces everyone to go through or partake. All the ore in the green belt was attainable in blue belt except for Ymrium which is a pain to look for anyway.
I made the trip from my green belt station to Origin multiple times a day and with some common sense anyone could avoid getting shot down by having a quick look around and jumping back if things looked hairy.

Im enjoy all aspects of the game and wouldn't consider myself an active PVPer but anything without risk gets boring quickly and also should not be more profitable than something with a lot of risk.

SZ roids should be bite sized they should be smaller as to not encourage laser spam shell mining as well as the core ore should be one pickaxe swings worth.
I get what you mean, to me dual universe limits creativity so much and in starbase I often question “how to make this” not “is it possible to make this” I get what you mean, I personally think they should make charodium an outside sz material, as you craft your first benches you can experience danger. And to encourage farther travel make unlocking the crafting of fuel earlier on in the tech tree.

Womble

Veteran endo
I get what you mean, to me dual universe limits creativity so much and in starbase I often question “how to make this” not “is it possible to make this” I get what you mean, I personally think they should make charodium an outside sz material, as you craft your first benches you can experience danger. And to encourage farther travel make unlocking the crafting of fuel earlier on in the tech tree.
Making an element of T1 engines "AH only" for those who don't want to PvP is taking things too far, IMO. Should be able to build T1 things without heading to the Black. TBH, there are a load of components (last time I looked, and I've not noticed any Patch Notes changing things) which really shouldn't need anything more than T1 ores, but, for some reason, possibly related to CA material availability, do.

Erador

Well-known endo
How about spawning Valkite and Ajatite ore only in SZ? I guess that will be good balance.

Anyway, SZ perimeter is huge. There is not so much PVP danger (because you can quit SZ in 80km from origin, for ex.), so miners will only think about ore bumping/crushing (Yes, it's possible to be robbed by pirate, but that will be very rare %).

The profit from selling to NPC Ajatite and Valkite will be enough to buy another newbie ship and go outside of SZ for more expensive ore.

I think that's a good idea. Eh?

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
Making an element of T1 engines "AH only" for those who don't want to PvP is taking things too far, IMO. Should be able to build T1 things without heading to the Black. TBH, there are a load of components (last time I looked, and I've not noticed any Patch Notes changing things) which really shouldn't need anything more than T1 ores, but, for some reason, possibly related to CA material availability, do.
Even if you aren’t a pvper, im not a pvper, you have to leave the safe zone to explore the game and the moons and like, a lot of content

Womble

Veteran endo
Even if you aren’t a pvper, im not a pvper, you have to leave the safe zone to explore the game and the moons and like, a lot of content
Feature, not bug. PvP-focused game. Don't be surprised when you can't access all of it if you won't participate in the key mechanic.

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
Feature, not bug. PvP-focused game. Don't be surprised when you can't access all of it if you won't participate in the key mechanic.
It’s not pvp focused, it’s a creativity and building game, with decorative structures. Pvp is a mechanic, but not the main one, you can be miner or a hauler, a builder, a factory maker. It’s not bad that you have to be in the open, it adds fear, which is fun. Im saying that non pvp players do access pvp, and nobody truley plays off the auction house

Erador

Well-known endo
It’s not pvp focused, it’s a creativity and building game, with decorative structures. Pvp is a mechanic, but not the main one, you can be miner or a hauler, a builder, a factory maker. It’s not bad that you have to be in the open, it adds fear, which is fun. Im saying that non pvp players do access pvp, and nobody truley plays off the auction house
Without PvP content, that game will be dry and without taste.
Even miners are engaged in pvp with trade war and etc

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
Without PvP content, that game will be dry and without taste.
Even miners are engaged in pvp with trade war and etc
Yes, and there would be no pvp if not fighting for land or stealing resources, pvp is a very important part of the game, i just mean you can enjoy it with and without it. i pvp and do pve

Womble

Veteran endo
"...PvP is the core of the game...". It's an almost direct quote from LauriB.

Right now there's not much PvP going on, but it's the main purpose that the devs have in mind for the game and at the centre of their design decisions. Always remember that the game is still feature-incomplete when you make assertions about what it is, or is not.