Technology of Starbase? What would you like to see?

Greetings all Endoskeletons, this is <C:\Battle_wrath> of the Collective.

Today I bring the subject of the technology of Starbase, specifically "Feature" technology.

Feature technology is what I would state is specific technology created by the Developers (As opposed technology functions of YOLOL), that is implemented into the game to drive player interaction.

Some examples of this would be;

<|> Warp-Gates : A gate that allows FTL travel between two connected gates.

<|>A Mass Relay : Propels mass over a long distance, making single jump transportation possible. (As opposed to point-to-point travel in the Warp-Gates situation.)

<|>In-game GIF screens (Only approved images allowed, EVE does this to allow people to create advertisements.)

<|>Supermassive Weapons : Weapons that are ship-system wide, rather than individual weapons. (Think a massive rail-cannon that has a ship built around it.)

Stanky

Active endo
Greetings all Endoskeletons, this is <C:\Battle_wrath> of the Collective.
<|>Supermassive Weapons : Weapons that are ship-system wide, rather than individual weapons. (Think a massive rail-cannon that has a ship built around it.)
I was thinking about super weapons. I think it would be absolutely epic to see these in game, BUT I think it would be cool if they weren't like place down this pre-made superweapon type. I think experimentation would be cool. You have to discover how to build a superweapon. It wouldn't exactly be completely player-made (using YOLOL and stuff) but I think it should be more of a system where the devs add different weapon parts without any explanation on how to use them. This would allow for customization of superweapons. As well as the strength of superweapons over time. The players themselves can engineer to make the weapon better.

This post might make no sense, but I think it'd be cool.

Any technology like Warp and Hyper corridors would be great. Super weapons also would be great, but I think the developers didn't think about it.

Commissar Awesome

Learned-to-sprint endo
Last thing i want to see is a bunch of GIFs or memes or whatever. Especially if they are in a safezone where i can't shoot them until they are unrecognizable.

A GUI creator. Not the creation of art itself for GUI, but being able to choose from predefined art styles, color values, text size and hierarchies, and using that to layout important information about your ship onto a single (or multiple screens).

The game currently supports visual readouts of information like ammunition counts, ship speeds, signal strength, but this could be a more advanced version where all information can be fed to a single display. Using GUI and YOLOL scripts, you can set up the screen to filter information and provide important information on the fly; a flashing text box in the middle of the screen saying your sensors have picked up a enemy ship, for instance. The player could use buttons to go back and forth between on screen tabs, and input information that could be stored to memory; ship manifests as an idea

Zaff

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Following up on GUI: Ability to color text and use special non-ascii characters (│┌─┐╳ ▉ ) would at least open up the possibility for more interesting interfaces.

More high performance programing language plz,a program which took only several microsecond in real world that need several second to finish its goddamn job in YOLOL , thats not cool

MAXD

Veteran endo
One more thing, CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't want 1st person piloting! First person gunfight is good enough!
First person driving is just disgusting! If FB don't want third person driving please at least give us cameras!

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
One more thing, CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't want 1st person piloting! First person gunfight is good enough!
First person driving is just disgusting! If FB don't want third person driving please at least give us cameras!
Cameras don't belong.

People will just box themselves in what we call a Borg Cube, surround it by weapons and now you don't know where they are or how to get to them and their ship has 50 guns around it. That's not what we want. You'll have to pilot from first person, sorry. The only way I can see cameras being implemented is if they had a big delay, something like 2 seconds or even more. This way cameras can't be used for fighting, but can be used for other fun stuff like drones or something.

Venombrew

Master endo
since we can land on the moon id like to see ground vehicles that can be pre-made to buy or player made like ships. And a method of tracking, i know it could be used in many ways but able to track my vehicles whereabouts would be nice.

Norway174

Active endo
Ooooh.... Warp gates...

What if they looked similar to that. (But less Minecraft'ey, and more Stargate'ey.) Like, you could see the trough them, and see the other side. And travel trough them seamlessly, both ways.

Always wanted to see gates like that in games.
The game Portal comes to mind, but it's not really the same.

But eh... It probably won't happen. One can dream though. But that'd probably be too much of strain having to render both sides of the portal.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
advanced gates like that require cameras to be put on different sides, which complicates it greatly and puts a strain on pc resources, but goddamn does it look good when done right.