The Industrial side of Starbase

Bloodlance

Well-known endo
Ready ships will be bought from player manufacturers and YOLOL code chips will prolly be sold also in player shops.

I am pretty sure that i can make an automated production line for myself.

Saltylelele

Well-known endo
Thats true, but the big players will be clear soon enough anyway and I will prob be making alot of the code in-house

Sendall

Active endo
To start I think ships will largely be custom built. As a meta develops certain ships will be start to be produced in larger quantities until some madman develops a fully automated line and wins the economic war.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Honestly it looks like right now will need to hand do some parts and a full fledged factory logistics wise might be almost impossible because of what is required. That being said I'm willing to give it a shot and fail if I can afford the resources to even make it there haha.

I think starting smaller factories would be fun where you make chips or something more useful a crafting chain where you get a little higher value to sell items to the npc vendors if that is something you want to build up overtime "credit" might be fun.

Morrgard

Master endo
What I am imagining is massive industries like, (EA before stations)

• Massive industrial vessels meant for refining ore & creating materials.
  • Trading said resources between other vessels
  • Large shipyards made out of ship hangars where more and more ships would be created to supply the community.
  • Ship designer and companies moving around with finished stock in hangars as previews, a mobile shop to sell their designs & finished products
  • Lots of traffics to trade hub where industrial materials, stock, and ore would be collected, traded, sold & bought.
These are a few of the things I'm expecting/hoping to see in starbase EA, would make the universe feel more alive. And I know there are already people like @Wicca who want to create a freeport that people could make use off to seel trade and so forth like mentioned in my last point.

Wicca

Well-known endo
I was thinking the same Morrgard, I was also thinking about allowing factions to recruit, maybe a news station and a missionlist or quest list for players. Could also contain requests for ships, goods, ammunition, or resources etc. Or the other way around, post up other stations locations and their trading wish..
Then again some of this can be replaced with an online page :)

EDIT:
Ah I forgot, I was planning like a new-player introduction course/courses and hub to ease them into "free-space" or unsafe space etc. Ensure they have a buddy or multiple, or forward them to a faction/group/alliance that need recruits.

Morrgard

Master endo
I was thinking the same Morrgard, I was also thinking about allowing factions to recruit, maybe a news station and a missionlist or quest list for players. Could also contain requests for ships, goods, ammunition, or resources etc. Or the other way around, post up other stations locations and their trading wish..
Then again some of this can be replaced with an online page :)

EDIT:
Ah I forgot, I was planning like a new-player introduction course/courses and hub to ease them into "free-space" or unsafe space etc. Ensure they have a buddy or multiple, or forward them to a faction/group/alliance that need recruits.
That's an interesting idea, I'm definitely wanting to have a look further into your ideas of the freeport as it develops, maybe you should make a thread somewhere that you can update this on? Afterall as a freeport I'm sure you would need some crew and more awareness of your idea :)

Wicca

Well-known endo
That's an interesting idea, I'm definitely wanting to have a look further into your ideas of the freeport as it develops, maybe you should make a thread somewhere that you can update this on? Afterall as a freeport I'm sure you would need some crew and more awareness of your idea :)
It's in the works, although not a thread in that sense. I am creating a space for myself atm.