THE space combat solution v.2 (making large ships viable while respecting the core mechanics too) In depth presentation.

mrchip

Well-known endo
then this is just a disagreement of opinions.
i personally believe SB headed in the right direction,
while you have strong preferences for another game that you're trying to propose, that i personally don't agree with: what you define as potential is undesirable to my eyes.
this whole thing was just an opinion mismatch.

Very nice idea and you are fully right, this game needs auto-cannons as you it imagine. Just for help big ships to stay alive, cause big ships a very ez target for fighters that have rockets or smth like that. So also "yours" auto-cannons isn't meta. )

Very nice idea and you are fully right, this game needs auto-cannons as you it imagine. Just for help big ships to stay alive, cause big ships a very ez target for fighters that have rockets or smth like that. So also "yours" auto-cannons isn't meta. )
Nothing he said to include for large ships would be barred from fighters.

Perhaps a better idea is a modular system for joined control of up to 5 turrets at one station that would be needed for mouse control of the turret system. Something large and bulky, and maybe even heavy and power hungry, that would enable large ships to utilize turrets better, while having these engineering traits that dissuade fighters from having them.

Perhaps a better idea is a modular system for joined control of up to 5 turrets at one station that would be needed for mouse control of the turret system. Something large and bulky, and maybe even heavy and power hungry, that would enable large ships to utilize turrets better, while having these engineering traits that dissuade fighters from having them.
You mean that someone aims into ship and 3 turrets shoot into it? That can be done now in game, but turrets don't adjust their place on ship. They just shoot not in one spot. They copy movement of main turret, that someone controlls. Sorry for my bad english (

Someone inside your ship aims the turrets, but to allow mouse controls you would have to set up a whole system, instead of just linking them all on the same network.

Also, you can create convergence. Many groups do that now. I just array my weapons for overlap lol.

But having mouse controls of turrets being linked to a separate module rather than the turrets themselves may be a way to go.

Fizz

Endokid
At this point, the game REALLY need autoturrets... the game is reaching it's limit on content. There is still a lot of development to be done, and bugfixings, but we NEED something now. Autoturrets would create a big portion of new content for the remaining players, which number are dropping by every day. I really love the game, but im tired of mining and controlling fighters with WASD.