Thoughts and Suggestions From an Outsider Watching CA

These are some of my thoughts and suggestions after watching people play CA over the last few days.

First, please add a light that can be toggled on and off on the endoskeleton or flashlight equivalent. Depending on the time of day and positing of the player, objects often look pitch black and it is impossible to see any features on them. I believe a player having their own portable light source would help out immensely.

Many streamers are complaining that the player movement speed is too slow. I agree, but I think the base speed should just be bumped up slightly, so that the scale still remains as impressive as it is. Maybe 10% for both walking and sprinting.

This may exist already but I haven't seen a proxy, faction, friend, and group text chat option in addition to the global chat. I think these chats are essential for any MMO.

When spawning a ship in, the player only has 60 secs to find their ship, get in and fly away from the spawn zone. While this is fine for the smaller ships and small amounts of players, this may not be enough time for larger ships with larger amounts of players. Imagine this hypothetical situation: you spawn a ship and need to first find it among all the others being spawned in, then slowly travel over to it, open several doors to get to the pilot seat, power up and fly entirely out of the zone. 60 secs may be enough time, but it seems arbitrarily short to me. Also some kind of way-point where the ship spawns would be helpful, especially if there is a large amount of ships in the area.

I saw one streamer have his ship spin in a circle and he was unable to get back in, and anther almost had his hip fly off. I think some sort of remote control and receiver, like a dead man switch to turn the engines off would be helpful in these situations.

Many people have mention a proxy voice chat. I also think this would help enhance the game experience.

Finally the ability to create a re-spawn point on your ship, if balance correctly, would be awesome.

These are just my personal thoughts, feel free to criticize them as you see fit.

Recatek

Meat Popsicle
First, please add a light that can be toggled on and off on the endoskeleton or flashlight equivalent.
Yes, would love this as well. Though I've started making my own little floodlights in the meantime.

Many streamers are complaining that the player movement speed is too slow.
Yes, completely agreed. Though in addition to walk and run I would also like a proper "sprint" that lowers your weapon but moves you even faster.

This may exist already but I haven't seen a proxy, faction, friend, and group text chat option in addition to the global chat. I think these chats are essential for any MMO.
They exist. There's group, company, zone, station, and proximity text chats. Probably some others I've missed. Not sure about friend but you can whisper people.

When spawning a ship in, the player only has 60 secs to find their ship, get in and fly away from the spawn zone. While this is fine for the smaller ships and small amounts of players, this may not be enough time for larger ships with larger amounts of players.
I think this is to make room for other people to spawn their ships there. Usually you can just get in and move the ship a little ways away from the pad and you're free to load up without a timer.

I think some sort of remote control and receiver, like a dead man switch to turn the engines off would be helpful in these situations.
First thing I do on any ship is set the throttle to automatically center itself to zero when not holding down a key, just in case I crash or get out of the seat or something.

Many people have mention a proxy voice chat. I also think this would help enhance the game experience.
This is on their to-do list but it isn't a priority. I personally would like to see it as well, and would like for it to be a higher priority.

Finally the ability to create a re-spawn point on your ship, if balance correctly, would be awesome.
This is something they'll be adding in some form during closed alpha, according to Lauri.

First, please add a light that can be toggled on and off on the endoskeleton or flashlight equivalent. Depending on the time of day and positing of the player, objects often look pitch black and it is impossible to see any features on them. I believe a player having their own portable light source would help out immensely.
A flashlight is in the works.
I saw one streamer have his ship spin in a circle and he was unable to get back in, and anther almost had his hip fly off. I think some sort of remote control and receiver, like a dead man switch to turn the engines off would be helpful in these situations.
You can make your own dead man switch with a rangefinder and many people are doing this.

CalenLoki

Master endo
Many streamers are complaining that the player movement speed is too slow. I agree, but I think the base speed should just be bumped up slightly, so that the scale still remains as impressive as it is. Maybe 10% for both walking and sprinting.
Streamers are known for complaining a lot :p
But I agree, speed boost would be nice. But I'd boost only ground movement, and keep the jetpack way slower. To encourage people to actually build catwalks, rather than just leaving empty flying space.
When spawning a ship in, the player only has 60 secs to find their ship, get in and fly away from the spawn zone. While this is fine for the smaller ships and small amounts of players, this may not be enough time for larger ships with larger amounts of players. Imagine this hypothetical situation: you spawn a ship and need to first find it among all the others being spawned in, then slowly travel over to it, open several doors to get to the pilot seat, power up and fly entirely out of the zone. 60 secs may be enough time, but it seems arbitrarily short to me. Also some kind of way-point where the ship spawns would be helpful, especially if there is a large amount of ships in the area.
I think it would be good idea to make the timer dynamic.
The more people on the platform, the shorter the limit. (if less than half of the platform capacity, there could be no limit at all)
The bigger the ship, the longer limit.

Recatek

Meat Popsicle
@Recatek

one of my crew members was talking to someone about the respawners for ships and this is what he found, no clue how true this info is but it is interesting none the less.
That's one of the ideas they've floated for how to do on-ship respawning. They've also mentioned a "revive"-like mechanic where one endo can repair another with spare parts and bring them back to life. We don't have concrete details yet, as it's still being designed by FB, but we'll see as it gets closer.

Venombrew

Master endo
@Recatek
revive"-like mechanic where one endo can repair another with spare parts and bring them back to life
oh you know what would work, and probably very well. A Med-Pack Backpack, that holds spare bot parts and maybe a set of jumper cable like item to jolt them back to life. It would give the medic role to players who like to support in pvp as well as having a med player with you on any mission to help ensure the "what if" factor.
You can only revive players if your using the med-pack backpack, or even repair them. Then the ship obviously has another means of player respawn.

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
I like the idea of having to have spare bodies ready if you want to have your own respawn point on your ship, It would also be good it you could repair and reuse bodies too.
For example; you die in combat on your ship, respawn into a new body, find your old body, repair it and insert it back into the machine. If you find any other bodies (deads or spares) also insert them into your machine. There could be a whole secondhand market for bodies if players are away from stations and don't have the machines to build new ones.
This could also be use to fast travel by transmitting ones mind into endo's at remote location as a way of fast traveling withing transmitter range.

I like the idea of having to have spare bodies ready if you want to have your own respawn point on your ship, It would also be good it you could repair and reuse bodies too.
For example; you die in combat on your ship, respawn into a new body, find your old body, repair it and insert it back into the machine. If you find any other bodies (deads or spares) also insert them into your machine. There could be a whole secondhand market for bodies if players are away from stations and don't have the machines to build new ones.
This could also be use to fast travel by transmitting ones mind into endo's at remote location as a way of fast traveling withing transmitter range.
This is a fantastic idea

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
If you can collect and reuse old body parts, I can imaging the developers are going to be a highly prized collectible item.
Could you imaging being able to show off a selection of Endo bodys that you have collected by beating the developers in battle.

MixCTATNCT

Active endo
In my opinion, the Parking time after the creation of the ship should be editable. But for 60 seconds, this is the minimum, and what is more paid. to avoid hooligans cluttering the launch pad.