To all engineers: What will YOU try to achieve in StarBase?

Verbatos

Veteran endo
- do i have autoturrets to mount on fighter size ship? ( it matter not about it combat efectivenes, it needs to swarm anyway)
No, you would need to code it yourself, with YOLOL reaction times, probably impossible.
- do i have sensor for ships?
Technically yes but they are not long-range, and they only point in a single straight line of sensing.
- do i have interlal IFF system?
No
- do i have support for 1 line "move to coordinates(or something) command?"
No, there is no coordinate system.
- do i have trigonometric functions support?
Yes actually, from memory, the third tier of chip supports trig.
- do i have build in matrix calculus and derivative support? (probably not, but i can dream)
Someone else may correct me, but I do not think there is currently matrix calc in-game.

You probably could make things like automatic mines, that explode on proximity, but having completely automated ships that can fight is completely off the table, let alone having AI installed into them. It's a really cool idea and I'm sure you could make it with a different system, but Starbase is not that system.
Although I really want to see you try at least, to see you try to find a way out of restrictions like the 0.2 seconds per line, or the fact the there are no 360° sensors. While I don't think it's actually possible, I really like automation and AI, so I'd really love to be proven wrong!

You probably could make things like automatic mines, that explode on proximity, but having completely automated ships that can fight is completely off the table, let alone having AI installed into them. It's a really cool idea and I'm sure you could make it with a different system, but Starbase is not that system.
Although I really want to see you try at least, to see you try to find a way out of restrictions like the 0.2 seconds per line, or the fact the there are no 360° sensors. While I don't think it's actually possible, I really like automation and AI, so I'd really love to be proven wrong!
To at least try i need to get in game (and probably update PC).
There is high chance that some sort of build-in automation will be added in future (it is early alpha).

five

Master endo
What i got from forums sources, that YOLOL is super slow.
It depends what tools i have:
- do i have autoturrets to mount on fighter size ship? ( it matter not about it combat efectivenes, it needs to swarm anyway)
- do i have sensor for ships?
- do i have interlal IFF system?
- do i have support for 1 line "move to coordinates(or something) command?"
- do i have trigonometric functions support?
- do i have build in matrix calculus and derivative support? (probably not, but i can dream)

If ansver is yes, it is possible to construct at least working drone fighter.
There are turrets, but not automated ones, the only sensors currently avaiable are Range finders, i dunno what internal IFF system is but probably not, There are no move to x lines (But you can programm an autopilot with the help of much YOLOL and a Transmission receiver, everything else has to be resolved with: turret pitch = x, turret yaw = y), yes you can do stuff with trigonometric functions, dunno if matrix calculus is a thing but I would believe that there is none

I really like the idea of a hauler. Im sure a lot of people will find a quality hauler very useful. Something simple yet reliable.

Paxx

Endokid
I would like to build a bar/grill/game room. Where players can enjoy a relaxing time away from the fighting and mining.

My goal or my first project? I mean, first of all any self respecting mad engineer needs a self-sustaining mobile platform from which to mine, process and produce, all while keeping on the move to avoid regulations, taxes, laws... you know, foolishness that stops engineering greatness.

Once that is established... Weapons... My lack of access keeps me mostly in the dark as to the possibilities, but I have a deep and dangerous love of turning physics into a tool of mayhem and ruin, of packing outsized punch into undersized package, and of, when necessary, providing the means to deploy said weapons where they are needed most. One part inventor, one part arms merchant, with a dash of mercenary.

Gknees

Well-known endo
The question is simple: What are you aiming for? Maybe the most maneuverable fighter or something like that. Pls tell me

Your curious fella, five
I want to build some ships, have fun from them falling apart, use my ork skills to connect remainings of my ships and asteroids and maybe other orks to make a junk ship to terrify people.

A modular transport ship that I can use to transport large amounts of explosives (missiles, torpedoes) and other "contraband" during wartime.

Do yolol is executed on your local computer? else you will saturate the server with your 170 million parameters Deep Neural Networks

As for me.

I will make smalls black pyramid for fighters
Medium black pyramid for destroyers
Very large black pyramid for dreadnaughts

giant black octaedron for a starbase

I look forward to probably starting small like all games like this and then hopefully getting bigger till I can make a medium to large ship that would have a crew. I love the idea of a muti-process craft that takes a decent crew to pilot. something that's more of a jack of all trades like all those rouge ships like the firefly ship (forget the name), or the millennium Falcon, or in other words a ship for long flight time and low time spent at ship yards. Maybe even module-based for fast changing out of parts for different jobs. I suppose that would be a Cruiser- Class ship using nautical terms

I would like to create a ship that has rail mounts on all sides of it programmed with YOLOL to move turrets on different sides with a single press of a button, several in fact to make it so you can continue to fight while the gunners move their turrets around in an automated fashion.

Following that, a ship that can extend beams in the front of it for ramming purposes to capture ships at the front and then extend modules out front to cut the ship apart in front of people's eyes, sort of like a predator consuming prey.

Piracy ftw~

BadNation

Well-known endo
I (and my faction) are going to try and build our own station when we get the resources and funds to do so, I personally also hope to build some unique ships that are made to do some very specific tasks, that's all I'll say on it on the matter:ROFLMAO:

My goal in the game is making a really nice production line kinda how @lllaxmatist stated. Mine would probably be to start a industrial corporation of some sort that specializes in making anything and everything. Possibly experimenting with gravity based weapons. ;)
To make an AI rebelion:
1)Auto-Shipyard;
2)Auto-miners;
3)Auto-engineers to build more Auto-shipyards;
4)Combat drones (up to capital grade size);
4)Watch as AI spreads in space with geometric progression.