To the people that got CA and those that haven't

The alpha channels tell quite a different story. Listening to youtubers who have a vested interest in the games release so they can get content more easily is not the people you should be listening to.
Sorry, but your arguments are really stretching. Besides, I'm WATCHING the streams (listening to them is quite secondary), so I do see what's going on. Don't take that personally, but it remembers me when Trump stated "don't believe what you're seeing" :p

I'm getting more inclined disregarding the input of the nay-sayers on this forum - none have shown me yet any valid argument not getting early access, only negative rhetoric. Luckily there's still Discord...

Last edited:
So you see ship design and combat, equate that to actually playing and experiencing the game, and totally disregard people who are actually playing the game.

There are no faction tools, stations cannot be team built, there are no sensors to find ships or materials besides pretty much walking from rock to rock, and you think that's ready for EA? You have low, low, standards on what is required to separate you from your money.

You can't even identify ships at a distance because everyone gets the same LOD.

The last game event, no one saw anything happening, because the other players didn't load in.

These are big problems and not ones that should exist in a playable game.

The other part is the complete revamp of entire game systems. Thats an alpha stage affair, not a beta and EA stage one.

So you see ship design and combat, equate that to actually playing and experiencing the game, and totally disregard people who are actually playing the game.
Umm, when I watch as you mentioned ship design and combat (like in a game play stream) - these were people actually playing the game... I don't want to hurt your feelings, but you just contradicted yourself.

Your argument is what all isn't working or is missing in the game. That's fine, but it doesn't concern me. What's more important is which features are implemented, and if they're sufficient for enjoying the game. In my case, the answer would be a sound "yes".

Last edited:

RyuShihan

Active endo
You know cyberpunk had s great reputation before release. I think it's less ready for open, just some people don't mind issues from a closed alpha. Those people want in now. We went mining with 7 of us. Everytime we flew, some of use fell out the ship. Then when we landed if another ship was close, you got sucked onto there ship while trying to break rock.

Then we had 3 different ships break for 3 completely different coolant issues, almost 3 days of problem solving. Not all people are ready for that but you might be.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
so, I have invested hundreds of hours in watching all the videos and hundreds of hours watching streams. I have maxed out my internet usage 3 different months now on looking at and discussing this content. what is in game is sufficient content for and early access.

(I refuse to name my sources of players I talk to, you will attack them and I'm not going to throw them under the buss like that)
You don't seem to know much about this community man, I have never met a single person that has seriously attacked someone for having a different opinion, I've only ever seen people calmly refute points. Refusing to cite sources just makes it seem like you don't have any.

And from someone with alpha to someone without, you don't know what you're talking about.
This game is so far from release, and the polls held by Frozenbyte confirm that most of the community agrees.
It's going to be great when it's done, but that stage is a long way away from where we are.

Hoping I don't come off as rude, but I've been with the progress of this game for a while now, and I hope I don't look overly defensive lmao.

dusty

This is a fine discussion to have, but if we're going to continue having it then we'll need to be a little more mindful of how we treat each other's viewpoints, please. Fewer sarcastic "got'ems" and more objective stances would go miles towards a more constructive conversation, I think.

shado20

Veteran endo
When does Cyberpunk 2077 come out for early access?
Many game releases from large publishers are given early access releases ahead of launch, allowing players who pre-order a particular edition to play the game a few days before everyone else. Cyberpunk 2077 is not available with early access, with the game launching globally at midnight on 10 December.

ie there was no early access for this game, you cant use it for reference!

You don't seem to know much about this community man,
you probably meant I don't know much about the forms and channels that only CA has access to. this dose not make me wrong
I'm not personally attacking anyone, just making general observation such as you making a observation to the the game.
and to not munching names is nothing, I will not bring in players that are not apart of this discussion for you to run to and attack, as soon as anyone has stated an opposing opinion than what some of you CA players think you have gone on the offensive . you go out of your way to make sure we all think the game is unplayable and no fun. then you have the audacity to show otherwise in discord and saying you have over 600 hours in game. so what is it? the game is unplayable or its playable for someone to play 600 hours on. with 600 hours , at 6hours a night ,that's over 3 months of play. there must be an easy 30 days of play before we develop enough to need the features you think we need.

with waiting so long for a delay announcement, they obviously think this is soon able to release. if the items you think they need is able to hit in 30 days , then we are good to go as it will take some time to get started.

I am very worried for this company's funding options, with no income to offset the devs working on starbase for over a year longer then first announced, and with the understanding there is no investors behind the company, I wont this company to not go belly up on us! I'm redy to pay a monthly sub to help them!

XenoCow

Master endo
The crux of this current conversation seems to be that some people are willing to accept less as acceptable for EA. Some people have a higher jank tolerance than others. That's awesome if you do. The counter arguments to the game from the people with hundreds of hours are, or at least I expect, thinking about a broader audience, the kind that may leave the game after one or two buggy combat situations or non-explained construction rules.

Personally, I think that anybody who has a high tolerance for bugs should sign up for the alpha to help us smash more bugs so that the game becomes ready for less patient people at EA release. I hope to see you all who can stand fighting flying soap bars and slideshow combat to join in on the bug hunt.

shado20

Veteran endo
I am so tired of people fighting for the unknown imaginary person and what they may think.
it may be true that some have a better tolerance for grindy game play. but please stop anticipating what someone may think. they will do and think as they wish. if you tell everyone the truth then they can make there own opinion. if someone come into this and has a fit the game is not done, they need to be reminded what they signed up for, we told the truth as to what this is!

Kodey

Veteran endo
I am so tired of people fighting for the unknown imaginary person and what they may think.
it may be true that some have a better tolerance for grindy game play. but please stop anticipating what someone may think. they will do and think as they wish. if you tell everyone the truth then they can make there own opinion. if someone come into this and has a fit the game is not done, they need to be reminded what they signed up for, we told the truth as to what this is!
Telling someone a game is in EA and to be mindful won’t do shit. We’ve already seen this with a large amount of new CA players just dropping the game maybe a week or less after playing, it’s a wonder people stayed before the tutorial.

Kodey

Veteran endo
Do we have access to the actual numbers of players? I'm curious how many actually stick around compared to how many have gotten access.
Don’t think so, it’s just been a commonly accepted fact as of now. I could probably ask a community manager though, but that may take a few days.

I’ve asked Ellu, now we wait on the reply.

shado20

Veteran endo
most of the 30k players who filled out the application for CA did so cause o look shinny!
then when they get in, hay there is no one around to play with!
the other question is how many got the invite and never logged in? I know 6...
being hard to play is offset by having a community they can ask for help, but when they log in and see no one around, the game is dead!

The most resent EA I could compare with would be DU: when they opened the gates it got flooded with gamers - especially in the starter zone it was a nightmare... you could barely walk. FPS was in the single digits.
People began to spread on various planets (travelling between planets did take a few hours), started to create spaceships and bases. They organized some exhibitions, showing off their crafting skills: besides factory-built parts we're talking about manipulating voxels with very basic tools. For that reason public voxel libraries were built by players (I offered one too on my base).
By the way, anyone still remembers Everquest Landmark in that regard?
PVP was (and I think still is) more or less a one-shot affair. Any ship less agile and fast had zero chance to escape, losing your ship.
What else? Well, apart from crafting and of course mining to get the necessary resources there're markets and some tutorials, plus a skill tree which you develop over time - that's it, that was all the content available.

Population was still quite high, till the devs dropped patch 0.23 about mid-december: it seriously curtailed creativity with introducing schematics which mostly stopped the gamer's crafting spree. After that most players (including myself) stopped getting ingame.

I think it shows that a good number of gamers can live with a limited amount of features available - however, the vast majority seems to be crafters. Take their tools away and you'll end up with an empty server...

Last edited:

Orlover

Well-known endo
I am honestly glad they pushed EA out a bit and gave it more time for rounding out the current issues. Right now the 7 of us in our team have already had to refund most of our ships due to issues with them, some within minutes of first using them (DOA). We have a few that have been seriously awesome and the workhorse of our operations (love you Trident-3) by comparison. But we (and most here) are willing Alpha Testers. We have all submitted DOZENS of bug reports each already and poke the game in odd directions just to see what happens. Early Access players who pay a bit for the game do not typically do that. They expect a slightly unpolished but mostly bug free game on steam. That doesnt make them right but that is typically what they expect. Most won't be willing to fill out a lot of bug reports because they payed for the experience and finally what is far worse for any game that is in EA is those players might actually review the game as a "nearly finished" product. That could be very very bad on steams rating system for the game.

As an alpha, this game has none of those worries and I am very thankful. I can just imagine the devs getting slammed with hundreds of thousands of refund request on ships. It would be a nightmare. I am VERY thankful to be one of the alpha testers, this game is amazing. Right now it needs dedicated alpha testers who are willing to grit their teeth and put up with the bugs and report them so in a few months it will be ready for EA without the devs getting slammed by a virtual flood of tickets from stuck players.

Also fellow testers our moderator is right. Lets keep a restraint on ourselves a bit here in the forum :) We are all testers, every single one of us didnt just join.....we had to also be invited into the alpha. For the next few months this is an exclusive club that we need to kinda keep civil and share information here and with the devs. When the game hits EA we can unleash on each other in the forums. They will probably be expecting it here around then.

Kodey

Veteran endo
then when they get in, hay there is no one around to play with!
There's no one to play with because the early game is boring, there's usually around 5-10 people in origin during inactive times, and even a channel for new players to ask for help.
1616116021147.png

Keep in mind this ^ won't be there when EA releases, so a bunch of new players won't be on the discord, and won't know where to ask for help.
the other question is how many got the invite and never logged in? I know 6...
Probably a lot, most people don't really check their emails when it's been explicitly said that FB will contact you via email, most people find out they're in from seeing the alpha channels in discord. This isn't on FB, this is on the players themselves.
being hard to play is offset by having a community they can ask for help, but when they log in and see no one around, the game is dead!
having a community they can ask for help
1616116758680.png

shado20

Veteran endo
... ships in the ship shop are mostly produced by other CA players, not FB...
with more players, will come with more builders, better ships will be produced. most ships in the ship shop are garbage at the moment.
i hope FB not spending any time on easy build blue prints for ships... like look at dual universe, players made voxal libraries for making ship building easier. let the community build the easy mode build library. you give the idea, make blueprint trading a thing and it will take off on its own.

There's no one to play with because the early game is boring, there's usually around 5-10 people in origin during inactive times, and even a channel for new players to ask for help.

Keep in mind this ^ won't be there when EA releases, so a bunch of new players won't be on the discord, and won't know where to ask for help
there is in game chat, the discord may be a place for others to get together and help. yes discord will help, in dual universe , the game is mostly dead, but I'm still in 4 other discords servers that any of them could help with a problem of understanding something in game. other players go out of there way to help. in eve online back when I played there was corps that took in new players actively and helped them. yes with a larger player base there will be help in so many ways. I believe in the public of good players to to help new players, then burn them latter in pvp! :love:

Probably a lot, most people don't really check their emails when it's been explicitly said that FB will contact you via email, most people find out they're in from seeing the alpha channels in discord. This isn't on FB, this is on the players themselves.
how would I know that 6 have access and don't log in if they never checked the email to know they have access to tell me they have an invite but haven't bothers to login?!? ....

All I'm getting from this Shado is that you want CA access, haven't got it, and now are pushing for it to be EA so you can get in.

We can't just trade BP's. Its a whole process. And no, the ship shop ships are not shit. Okim has made amazing ships. And those are just the ones I'm familiar with.

The discord is where we help each other. The systems to help ingame are not really there.

Kodey

Veteran endo
most ships in the ship shop are garbage at the moment.
Yeah the thruster update broke them, but there are still a few working ones after the update, mind telling me them?
other players go out of there way to help.
Yeah people do that here too, after all, we have the
newplayers.png

how would I know that 6 have access and don't log in if they never checked the email to know they have access to tell me they have an invite but haven't bothers to login?!? ....
Who's 6?