Trailer Making-of: 1000 Ships Rendering & Netsync

ElluFB

Forever locked into The Pool
Frozenbyte

This video will show how we filmed the Starbase - New Features Trailer,
especially focusing on the scenes with a massive number of ships.
In it we will explain some of the underlying technology behind those scenes
and take a look at the rendering and netsync tests we’ve performed with a thousand ships.

Vexus

Master endo
Are the large rocks on the moon assets that are mine-able, or are they static? Also, is the moon mine-able? Thanks!

Atreties

Veteran endo
Mining the moon is still undecided. For now it's just all static. At the very least we can make the rocks mine-able. We will investigate ways to make the surface mine-able as well.
My suggestion would be to have large swaths of the moon be static and "too dense to be mined" or some other lore reason, while other huge sections are minable, in a quarry-like fashion. Possibly have 1 material per quarry location.

Edit: this is assuming the ability to have the whole moon a fully minable asset is unfeasible for some technical reason. I'd easily prefer for the whole thing to be minable if that were an option.

Mining the moon is still undecided. For now it's just all static. At the very least we can make the rocks mine-able. We will investigate ways to make the surface mine-able as well.
If the moon does becomes fully destructible what would happen if someone makes it to the moons center like would their ship be crushed or just sit in the middle of the moon?

AkseliFB

Frozenbyte Developer
Frozenbyte
If the moon does becomes fully destructible what would happen if someone makes it to the moons center like would their ship be crushed or just sit in the middle of the moon?
Good question. I would assume it would stay still.

STEALTH

Well-known endo
Way late on this subject but I lean more for just having rocks on the moon be what you can mine instead of the surface or even swaths of it.