Visibility of player's nicknames

Choose what is your thought:

• There should be an option of hidden nickname, so no one can see you through wall or in battlefield

• There should be NOT an option of hidden nickname

• 3rd camera should be not allowed if not in safe zone/ or some restrictions

• 3rd camera is a "small drone", so it's a tactical feature (no changes to 3rd camera)

• Show me results (No voting)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vexus

Master endo
Names don't show up outside the safe zone - but an option to turn it on when needed would be good. In the safe zone... I'd prefer to be able to hide it. But it's not really going to happen. Game has to be a little "MMO" style.

3rd person view is definitely a problem in a lot of cases. With moon craters coming, ground combat will spike up, and the ability to stand behind an object but have perfect vision around you is ... not good.

I think it would be a good idea for 3rd person view to be disabled around "wartime" zones, such as when capital ships attack each other or stations. The wartime or warzone they have mentioned, it should also be around craters on the moons and so on, forcing people into first person view. It's too much to remove 3rd person from everywhere outside the safe zone; 99% of the gameplay is passive. Instead, having zones that force you into a more competitive position can help balance the game. As for why... just consider it a high-radiation zone and your 3rd person camera doesn't work there, I dunno. I think this option would be easy to implement and apply to a lot of game situations: "actual" resource hotspots, craters, station and capital ship sieges... anything players will fight over.

Womble

Veteran endo
I voted for "small drone", so long as you can shoot it out. I also think it shouldn't have crosshairs or any real relation to where your endo is moving, and possibly ought only to bue usable while static. Imagine trying to move tactically using a drone's camera projected onto your VR headset; shooting a weapon, likewise.

CalenLoki

Master endo
I agree on limiting 3rd person camera us in combat in some way.
Either everywhere outside SZ, or only if someone fired a weapon within 1km in the last minute.
Camera drone would work too, with visible thruster trails/lights, being destructible and showing no crosshair.

With names it's a bit more complex situation. I agree they should never give away your position.
But identifying who attacked you is necessary for the social aspect of combat. If you attack someone and get spotted, you need to deal with consequences of being recognised and hated.

So IMO names should pop up if you hold your crosshair on someone for 1-2s.

Erador

Well-known endo
I didn't mean a "Drone" as a fligying thing or ph. object. "Drone" here is just another name for 3rd camera.