WARNING: Unplayable lagg on the biggest ships due to thrusters

Bob Dole

Active endo
I have a 1070 ti, and i3-8350 and I cant go above 12 fps when this ship is moving, and that's in space with nothing else around. I imagine if i fly this through the station it will straight up crash most players. I currently have the settings on lowest when I tested this.

On a lighter ship, I had had zero issues and I can go with max graphics.

My suggestion is to make a graphics option to disable the graphics of the thrusters firing, or give an option to simplify them more, because I pity people who go near this ship with worse graphics card and processor than me, and those that so much as look at it will be in for a bad time. I also pity my own poor computer even though it's not that bad.

Two of these ships side by side moving would probably crash any top of the line pc, or at least bring their fps below 5 lol, so I imagine space battles between two ships like this would be unthinkable.

here's the ship:
a1.png

Last edited:

CalenLoki

Master endo
So far the trend is bigger == more efficient. So I wouldn't worry about that.

You could get some fps if you switch those triangles to boxes btw. 40% less trails for the same force.

Bob Dole

Active endo
So far the trend is bigger == more efficient. So I wouldn't worry about that.

You could get some fps if you switch those triangles to boxes btw. 40% less trails for the same force.
Turns out the lagg wasn't due to thrusters but some sort of physics bug. When I made the ship steadier with more thrusters on the sides the unplayable lagg went away, and my fps went back to normal.

I still think my idea might still be good for some people though.

Last edited:

Dommy

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
dude, you gimped your gpu with an i3 cpu, wtf, of course your fps is trash!
Not everyone is going to have enough money or will to buy gear good enough for 30 or 60 fps in starbase. When this game goes public, there's going to be multiple magnitudes more thrusters and things that create lag. An I3 should be able to decently run a single ship like the one he mentioned. If this optimisation does not happen, then playing the entry level for playing this game is going to be very high, unless you only play on the other side of EOS, where you'll never ever meet anyone, which defeats the purpose of an MMO.

"haha just get a better pc lul" is not a good excuse for the game being not well enough optimised. Starbase is not well optimised, and this is a known issue. The issue does not primarily lie on the users, for you cannot blame the users for the game's optimisation.

Kenetor

Master endo
Not everyone is going to have enough money or will to buy gear good enough for 30 or 60 fps in starbase. When this game goes public, there's going to be multiple magnitudes more thrusters and things that create lag. An I3 should be able to decently run a single ship like the one he mentioned. If this optimisation does not happen, then playing the entry level for playing this game is going to be very high, unless you only play on the other side of EOS, where you'll never ever meet anyone, which defeats the purpose of an MMO.

"haha just get a better pc lul" is not a good excuse for the game being not well enough optimised. Starbase is not well optimised, and this is a known issue. The issue does not primarily lie on the users, for you cannot blame the users for the game's optimisation.
I wasn't using it as an excuse, just pointing out the folly of buying what was at the time a not cheap graphics card and expecting good performance when paired with such a low end CPU.

Yes the game needs more optimisation, everyone knows this, most also know that features come first and optimisation come a bit down the line as with every game that's ever been developed.

You want an option to remove the thing you basically need to know there is someone near you, because you use a monsterous ship that your computer is admittedly not powerful enough to run... Just.... wut?

You could, ya know, use a smaller ship, use less thrusters (like boxes, which are more efficient anyway), and so on and so forth. I'm sensing a pattern with your posts.

Bob Dole

Active endo
You want an option to remove the thing you basically need to know there is someone near you, because you use a monsterous ship that your computer is admittedly not powerful enough to run... Just.... wut?

You could, ya know, use a smaller ship, use less thrusters (like boxes, which are more efficient anyway), and so on and so forth. I'm sensing a pattern with your posts.
Actually, my fps is normal now, it turned out it was a physics bug that caused the fps drop. I fixed it by stabilizing the ship with extra thrusters on the sides. My pc can go 90 fps quite fine in this game normally.