Warp Drives. The game needs them. (Fast Travel)

Cavilier210

Master endo
They don't want players to build infrastructure. They don't want players to fight each other. They don't want players setting prices. So why let players have their own factions?

Lately the disappointment is strong in me. Development has gone off the rails on priorities in my opinion, and the longer its gone on, the more it seems the original vision is muddied and blurred away to appease.

pavvvel

Veteran endo
Mouse control of... what?
..of ship control

To be honest this really shows a lack of awareness.

The very first thing you want to get right is flight control. That means mouse. That means joysticks. That means hotas support. You can have the most exceptional fuel rod system in place but it doesn't matter when input controls are terrible. Who makes a space game and releases it in early access with control inputs being an afterthought? Like.. what??
I agree with you 450%.
It's impossible to enjoy flying a ship without controlling it with a mouse (or joystick).
At the same time here are two forum trolls trying to distract the developers with mechanics that will kill the game at the alpha stage.

Askannon

Veteran endo
Don't use it since I'm more fluent with the keys, so it might be that I misremember from the one or two times I played around with it

pavvvel

Veteran endo
We have mouse control of ships right now?
There is, but you could say there isn't.
There are several problems:
1) Almost all lever settings do not apply to mouse control, they just do not work
2) Huge ugly frame on the screen
3) Huge dead zone in the middle of the screen
4) Mouse cursor on screen...
5) Having to return the cursor to the center of the screen for the ship to stop maneuvering. This means that every move you make with your mouse has to be done in the opposite direction... This makes it almost impossible to aim adequately. In addition, while you return the mouse cursor to the center, your engines work off this maneuver, you lose some of the thrust of the engines.

CalenLoki

Master endo
6) It has only cursor mode, with no "rotate entire head to aim"
7) Only 40x40 degree in the middle of the screen is taken into account. And that's at 120 FOV, scaling even lower without it.