What happen to the like button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
I guess a better way to look at likes would follow:

Person 1: Hey Thanks for posting this guide i really enjoyed it.
Person 2: Likes

Now it's
Person 1: Hey Thanks for posting this guide i really enjoyed it.
Person 2: Thank you for thanking me.
Person 3: No thank you for thanking me for thanking you.
Loop engaged.

Just get rid of the leaderboards and your good.

Vloshko

Well-known endo
Probably because people insist on making pointless single word/one line responses that either don't add to the conversation at all- or exist solely to generate post count and likes (by encouraging further pointless/off-topic discussion).
Which in turn reduces the quality of the forum content.
I asked about trolling vs serious because, the first half of what you wrote above is illogical. The point of the like button is to easily state something along the lines of "I agree" without having to make a "single word/one line response" stating so.

Kimsemus

Well-known endo
I asked about trolling vs serious because, the first half of what you wrote above is illogical. The point of the like button is to easily state something along the lines of "I agree" without having to make a "single word/one line response" stating so.
No one seems to understand this basic concept, even though almost every modern forum and gaming forum uses this feature. :rolleyes:

Recatek

Meat Popsicle
The point of the like button is to easily state something along the lines of "I agree" without having to make a "single word/one line response" stating so.
Of course, there's no obligation to post a two-word response like that either.

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
Which part is illogical?
The removal of the like system is not to prevent you from nodding towards posters you agree with- but to prevent the forum filling up with low-quality posts: take this thread for an example of what I meant when I said 'posting to generate likes reduces the quality of the forum'.

We don't need the 'latest posts' tab filling up with random, useless posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.