What happen to the like button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodydavyflint

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I noticed I couldn’t like posts anymore. What happened. I just wanted to show fellow posters I was thinking of them and likes what they had to contribute. It was short and sweet. To the point which was totally cool!!

NoName

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I noticed I couldn’t like posts anymore. What happened. I just wanted to show fellow posters I was thinking of them and likes what they had to contribute. It was short and sweet. To the point which was totally cool!!
I like this

Vloshko

Well-known endo
Vloshko likes this post.

Kmank

Well-known endo
I think it was being abused xD people were just going through with fake accounts to up their stats.

Of course the like feature is going to be abused but I don't see that as being detrimental. The abusers are just wasting their time, no one will ever care about their fake likes.

I think the usefulness of the feature outweighs the abuse of it.

The more problematic abuse is people trying to increase their post count since that creates a lot of low quality posts to sort through.

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
Probably because people insist on making pointless single word/one line responses that either don't add to the conversation at all- or exist solely to generate post count and likes (by encouraging further pointless/off-topic discussion).
Which in turn reduces the quality of the forum content.

Are likes necessary?

Vloshko

Well-known endo
Probably because people insist on making pointless single word/one line responses that either don't add to the conversation at all- or exist solely to generate post count and likes (by encouraging further pointless/off-topic discussion).
Which in turn reduces the quality of the forum content.
I can't tell if you're trolling or being serious.

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
I can't tell if you're trolling or being serious.
The official response from the developer was given 20 minutes ago (below) and no; there was a large discussion on people solely using the forum to climb that leaderboard- which is why removal of the leaderboard system was suggested and is currently being implemented.

Removing the likes is still bit of a work in progress/under consideration. Plan was to get rid of all likes and the counters on the Members list, but apparently there is no easy way to delete already given likes.

We'll look into bringing likes back and just removing the counter from the members list. Dislike option is not coming to normal messages, but we'll see it they'd be a good idea in game suggestions. // Edit: Just realized that there was a poll about this, let's see what you people say there. (Link: https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/buttons.280/ )
---
Does anyone else feel like 120 seconds is too long of a cooldown between messages? I feel like it is the time that it takes me to read the message I just posted + moving to a next thread and to think about something meaningful to say. Can be decreased if it feels like too much, let me hear those opinions!
---
As for the ranks, we are looking into these.

Lol. I used the search and used single search word: like, to find any sort of topic about this and it didn't give me anything. The first topic on the feedback section is this post with the exact word "like" in the tittle. :D Forum search functions are even now on the year 2019 totally useless. :)

Anyway. Thanks for the info. I came to find that info too.

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation
Lol. I used the search and used single search word: like, to find any sort of topic about this and it didn't give me anything. The first topic on the feedback section is this post with the exact word "like" in the tittle. :D Forum search functions are even now on the year 2019 totally useless. :)

Anyway. Thanks for the info. I came to find that info too.
Search bars never tend to be perfect.

CalenLoki

Master endo
Likes are useful. Same for disagree buttons.

Any kind of leaderboards should be removed. Including the title given for amount of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.