What is your ambition for the game?

Just like the infamous eve fight? (The Battle of B-R5RB)
Not familiar with that fight in particular, but yes a lot of the potential mechanics of EVE I envision for this game. I'd love the idea of those grander mechanics of factional warfare and territory and resource control with a more immersive game like Starbase where you can not only design all of your ships and stations, but pilot them and walk around in them in an avatar.

HarrisonB1210

Learned-to-sprint endo
My ambition is to be in the Empire military and to work for Empire as they need, maybe if i get good at ship design i could design a ship for them that will turn the tides of war.

Croomar

Learned-to-sprint endo
The title immediately cought my eye. "Ambitions" is all I'm playing for.
My personal ambition is to make a meaningful mark in the game's history. If we look over to EVE, we can see battles of epic proportions, whether they are in the nature of military, economy or intelligence, and even read up on them in articles on news portals because of the massive impact they have. Every major battle changes the poltical landscape of the game and shifts the balance of power the different communities hold. What results is a very interesting timeline for the game and its events.

In Starbase, we have the very same potential, and I, my friends and my faction want to dedicate ourselves to that cause: To make the timeline of Starbase's history the most compelling it can be. We want to create and get involved in the big fights, shift the tides of wars and impact the economy, advance technologies and strategies, we support massive projects and large and small communities alike, all in eagerness to feel a sense of accomplshment once we can look back at all the things we were able to move, change, improve, see the results of our work and say "Hey, this happened because we fought for it!"
In a sense, it is a simple ambition. We really just want to grow powerful and then put that power to good use.

And I'm looking very forward to working towards this ambition.

Mine the belt chillin to SB OST (damn good, gives me EVE vibes)
Design ships and sell them
Join a alliance and fight for glory in (i hope) multicrew ship battle, or fighters versus a larger ship or just any ship battle really
a yolol system where multiple turrets are slaved to a single seat (when laser designators are iimplemented and barring other roadblocks)
Starter station - Moon hauling business (After hatmans journey? Awww hell naw to the naw naw!)
Start a premium fight club: Pay small amount, get 5 disposable fighters and setup a arena for people to fight around / in

To crush my Enemies, See them driven before me and to hear the lamentations of their women!!!!!

Or just build a cool multiperson mining ship and have goofy fun with my brother and friends.

Jode

Endokid
I normally play with a group of friends and we will gather ores and materials to build a space station. then want to design ships and set up trade routes. The game looks good, i can not tell how far we will go until i have access to the game .

SpaceShip dealer- Hey, I hear you guys are trying to start a war? Heh, don't mind if I sell you my branded ships! They'd be pretty nice and well fit, eh? Khajit has wares if you have coin.

1. Create communities, and alliances to dominate a piece of the expanse; possibly through production, but definitely through resource acquisition.
2. (secondary) Become a safe harbor for "newbros" to learn, and make a decision where to go next in the game (move on, or help build on the group).

cranky corvid

Well-known endo
To design good ships and see them used widely. I've enjoyed other vehicle-building games, but the unique aspects Starbase brings to the genre should make putting in the time to perfect a design feel that much more worthwhile.

Quinc

Well-known endo
I am primarily drawn by what seems to be an extremely intricate system of craft design and simulation. I've got a dozen ideas for ships I want to build in the game; some that might come to influence the meta.
I also dream of building a large gladiatorial arena. Ironically I am not very outgoing nor good at FPS, but I realize players would value having a place where they can easily and conveniently engage in fights with the rules of a conventional First Person Shooter, but the weapons, environments, and unique tactics of Starbase. A niche similar to the "RedvsBlue" alliance in EVE Online. Of course this means building and maintaining a station slightly outside the starting safe-zone, with no safe-zone of its own, a convenient flight from the player factions that love PVP the most...it is probably going to get blown up regularly but I might be able to convince some people to help me defend the place, ideally get some more outgoing partners to talk to them, and practice my announcer voice. Of course like many gladiatorial arenas there will be viewing galleries, cash prizes for the winners, and a betting pool ever so slightly slanted in favor of the house.

My group wants to produce and program ships. We'll likely try to build a factory to supply ships for the general public.

I want to program ships with yolol, but with 20 instructions I'm starting to wonder if that's a reasonable ambition.